Thursday, September 06, 2007
We're kicking off the NFL Season (get it?) with a live-blog tonight, and YOU'RE invited! Cool right? I thought so. So while I make my two trek through the worst traffic on the face of the earth.....you get your commenting hats on and start preparing for the live-blog.
Here's what you need to know.....
Spread: Colts by 6, O/U 53
Where: RCA Dome, Indianapolis
Weather: It's a Dome you a**
Music: Q: Where do Honeydews and Cantaloupes go to camp?
A: John Cougar's Mellencamp!
Love that joke....also Kelly Clarkson and Faith Hill
What To Look For When Indy Has The Ball:
1. Anthony Gonzalez- The third WR in Indy's system is usually a sneaky MFer....I don't think AG will be any different than Brandon Stokely in this regard.
2. Mike McKenzie- About the only person who can do anything to slow down Indy.
3. Tarik Glenn's Replacement Tony Ugoe- He's protecting Peyton's blindside, and has some big shoes to fill after Glenn retired.
4. Marvin Harrison- Do I really have to say anything else?
5. Peyton- Again....Do I have to say anything?
What To Look For When N.O. Has The Ball:
1. Sean Payton's Genius- I guess you can't really look at someone's genius, but you'll know if it's working right away.
2. Bob "Mother F'ing" Sanders- I nicknamed him this last year when said that if he played the whole playoffs the Colts were a shoe-in for the title. The dude is the only good thing on that defense. I don't care what you say....Freeney is overrated.
3. Reggie Bush- He's not a rookie anymore and everyone is wondering what Payton has in store for the Soph. I'm hoping they cut down on the gimmick plays this, and just let the baller run.
4. Drew Brees' Birthmark- How can you not stare at it?
5. Drew Brees' Receiving Core- I'd take the quartet of Colston, Henderson, Copper, and Meachem over most other team's choices. I can't wait to see them go four wide.
AA Prediction: Colts 31- Saints 20
Leave your predictions in the comments and I'll see you around 8pm folks!
Bang it here for the Live-Blog 1st Quarter