Deion Sanders Calls Out LT, LT Responds

Tuesday, January 22, 2008


The news that LT perhaps took himself out of the game is about a day old, but news of his verbal was with NFL Network's Deion Sanders is just hitting the airwaves. Early yesterday Sanders said that Tomlinson would be better off if he got offseason surgery and that's the only way he could get a "pass" with him.

Tomlinson is obviously not happy about the former DB's comments....

"He's never been a running back and had a sprained MCL," Tomlinson said. "You tell me what running back has played with a sprained MCL and been effective. You might go out there and try to limp around and play, but it's not going to happen. I don't know how information gets passed on, but until you talk to the source of the problem, what's going on with me, I think it's ridiculous when people make comments like that."

Tomlinson said he understands that teams don't like to let opponents know what's going on, and that it might lead to players' toughness being questioned.

"I think the funny thing to me is, all the things I've played with through my career and haven't missed a game, now all of a sudden I'm not tough?" he said. "You think I just wanted to sit on the sideline and not go, in the championship game? You think, me? Come on, man, that's ridiculous."
The thing about this isn't whether LT is tough (that's just stupid), or the fact that the media wasn't alerted. No it's that those comments came from a man who once sang this song....



Yeah...that guy is telling people how to live their lives. I don't think I ever even saw Deion make a tackle in the NFL. Sure he could defend like no other, but if someone actually caught the ball he wasn't going to be hitting them.

Rivers to Have Surgery (Associated Press)

14 Comments:

Off-topic: Anyone watching Mike and Mike this morning? If you can get video of the Jeff Feagles video kicking off the 8:00 hour, all of their graphics say Super Bowl XVII. Sorry, guys, you're 25 years off.

Anonymous said...
Jan 22, 2008, 8:10:00 AM  

I thought the point behind having ex players as "analysts" was that we would get a glimpse behind the scenes, so we would know what a football player goes through in the National Football League.

But Deion is a different cat, I guess.

E Buzz said...
Jan 22, 2008, 8:27:00 AM  

Damn I was watching and I missed that Anon.

Jan 22, 2008, 9:07:00 AM  

whoa AA posting a little early!

Anonymous said...
Jan 22, 2008, 9:18:00 AM  

Can you believe the unmitigated gall of this man? Deion questioning someone's toughness is like Jeffery Dahmer questioning someone's sanity. Ye gods.

Anonymous said...
Jan 22, 2008, 9:19:00 AM  

Deion = worst Redskin ever

GMoney said...
Jan 22, 2008, 11:20:00 AM  

Deion had the same problem in both baseball and football, he couldn't hit a lick.

Anonymous said...
Jan 22, 2008, 11:42:00 AM  

I think he needs a LT action figure:

http://soxanddawgs.com/?p=3207

Steve M said...
Jan 22, 2008, 11:54:00 AM  

Its like when Keyshawn lectured Chad Johnson on being a distraction

Unknown said...
Jan 22, 2008, 12:21:00 PM  

So, LT wants Deion to talk to the 'source of the problem...' An Deion Sanders interview of LT's Sprained MCL would be fascinating.

14 STIX said...
Jan 22, 2008, 1:41:00 PM  

Either ESPN or TheBigLead had this down under "Bob Sanders", but I'm gonna go with AA.

GREATEST.RED.EVER.

Anonymous said...
Jan 22, 2008, 3:27:00 PM  

Let's see, would I rather make a big hit or get an interception to get the ball back for my team? I'd choose the latter and so did Deion. Learn the game boys. Deion could tackle as well. But it was kind of hard when the ball was never thrown his way.

Anonymous said...
Jan 22, 2008, 8:32:00 PM  

Deion's response is delayed 10 weeks by turf toe, and another 5 because he burned the tip of his tongue on some particularly hot tea.

Kyle said...
Jan 22, 2008, 8:45:00 PM  

deion is full of cr@p, just doing what he knows best - calling attention to himself at any cost.

altho this "war of words" is funny when you recall this video LT and deion made together, where deion interviews LT on what career he'd have if LT didn't play football. LT gets deion to engage in psychotherapy on his couch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsXNocHwwRE

Jan 22, 2008, 8:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment