Welcome Back Dana

Monday, January 28, 2008


Our good friend Dana Jacobson is back on First Take today from the studio while everyone else is on vacation in Arizona. With the weather the way it is in Arizona, she's probably better off in the studio though. Jacobson addressed the roast issue briefly and then went right in to the show....

"I want to once again say how truly sorry I am for my poor choices and bad judgment," Jacobson said. "I've taken responsibility for what I did say and do, and realize it was wrong. ... I have already learned a lot."
I think you can take that as an admission of the quotes that have been floating around the interwebs are spot on and that she's ready to be forgiven. On a different note, Donovan McNabb is taking Skip Bayless to task on the show from Arizona and is actually pretty darn good. I'll see if I can get some good video from that matchup, but I'm ready to move past this Jacobson, so you won't be getting a clip of her 4th apology.

ESPN First Take Host Dana Jacobson Returns (Fanhouse)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 10:44 AM

15 Comments:

A carrot stick could take Skip Bayless to task.

GMoney said...
Jan 28, 2008, 10:56:00 AM  

Skip basically writes the opposition's arguments when he gives his opinions.

Anonymous said...
Jan 28, 2008, 11:04:00 AM  

I'm not watching the show -- did they draw a thick white line in front of Donovan's chair so he felt more comfortable? Is he sitting on a bench or in a chair? I kid, I kid...

Anonymous said...
Jan 28, 2008, 11:13:00 AM  

Off-topic: From the Dan Patrick show, this LT bashing won't end:

LT on the sideline

Anonymous said...
Jan 28, 2008, 11:15:00 AM  

I caught a couple minutes of the McNabb-Bayless exchange, and it just reaffirmed my feelings about Skippy; he's a tool.

UnHoly Diver said...
Jan 28, 2008, 11:16:00 AM  

If anyone has video from Frank Caliendo on M&M this morning it was hilarious.

Unknown said...
Jan 28, 2008, 11:20:00 AM  

I wonder if the Ombudsman will take this on next month. I would initially think she wouldn't care, but when people protest outside the studio, I bet she puts at least a paragraph in there.

Anonymous said...
Jan 28, 2008, 11:24:00 AM  

"I have already learned a lot."

Oh, what, not chugging vodka in public?

What is she, about 40-45?

Bet on it, she'll doing something stupid again.

E Buzz said...
Jan 28, 2008, 11:37:00 AM  

I bet the ombudswoman has a take on this. An on air personality was suspended for comments made at an event and then ESPN pushed it under the rug. This is the stuff she lives for.

BTW they edited the apology from the noon replay.

Steve M said...
Jan 28, 2008, 12:07:00 PM  

according to a google search numerous sources list her birthday as Nov 5, 1971 (36).

Anonymous said...
Jan 28, 2008, 12:14:00 PM  

Worse news: According to my Comcast cable program guide, the Mike Tirico show is going to be simulcast on ESPN2. I hope that either my program guide is wrong or this is only for Super Bowl week.

Anonymous said...
Jan 28, 2008, 12:31:00 PM  

The mold is set at 30.

for example, Bill Clinton will not all of a sudden stop rimming interns because he "learned a lot".

E Buzz said...
Jan 28, 2008, 12:32:00 PM  

@rick james- don't fret, it's only for SB week.

UnHoly Diver said...
Jan 28, 2008, 1:03:00 PM  

everybody keeps asking for video of dana's "flip out" -- does anyone not notice the camera behind her in the pic?
somebody's holding it!
somebody's willing to sell it!!

Anonymous said...
Jan 28, 2008, 1:24:00 PM  

and while we're at it, what the hell was she wearing?

I feel like quoting Stuart Scott:

"Is that how you show up for work?"
Who taught them how to dress for a roast? I guess that's what you get when you shamelessly self-promote.

Jan 30, 2008, 7:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment