Oh The Hypocrisy Of It All, Stephen A. Smith Has A Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2008


It was just over a month ago when I had a post on an interview that Stephen A. Smith did with and L.A. based site Further Off the Wall. In his interview he had many damning things to say about blogs but the highlight was this quote....."I respect the journalism industry, and the fact of the matter is ...someone with no training should not be allowed to have any kind of format whatsoever to disseminate to the masses to the level which they can."

Almost a month later what does the NBA expert decide to do? Start a blog of course! From Stephen A. Smith's "On The Blog" via Simon on Sports....

I’m actually doing something I never thought I’d do in my lifetime: writing a blog.
In the interest of being real, although I’ve been a journalist for more than 14 years, therefore intimately accustomed to writing, especially on the fly, I’ve never desired to have my own website, let alone write my own blog. But things change when your loved ones notice your notoriety more than you do, when they aspire for your voice to expand, when they’ve grown tired of the countless times they’ve heard critics rain venom without compunction because they sensed my voice was limited.
Well that's nice Stephen....I'm sure that's what people are looking for. More of you. While the fact that he has a blog is humorous on its own the best part is that he allows comments! This should be good.....
lozo | January 23, 2008 at 03:36 PM

anytime you speak, i have to find the remote and lower the volume on my tv by about half. i hate you for that.

Cousins of Ron Mexico | January 23, 2008 at 03:41 PM

Quite frankly...this is the best blog ever. It's as though my soul were huffing paint.

Cheese Doodle | January 23, 2008 at 03:48 PM

can you share your thoughts on a certain gawky, european center who's last name rhymes with tedvedenko?
Nice to see the Blogosphere welcoming him with open arms! Remember Free Speech people? I'm glad to have you Stephen....would you like a link in the Friends of AA section???

I Thought Stephen A Hated Blogs (Simon on Sports)
Happy New Year Everyone! (On The Blog)

21 Comments:

This is almost too good to be true. Stephen A. is such a sellout punk-bitch.

GMoney said...
Jan 23, 2008, 4:12:00 PM  

Given Stephen A's journalistic training, I look forward to the pity and relevant words he will shower upon us less knowledgeable types.

Wait, it's just a self-serving platform for his own thoughts and opinions? Fuck that, it's just a blog then.

Eric (Extra P.) said...
Jan 23, 2008, 4:20:00 PM  

I mean pithy. Damn, it DOES suck to be a non-trained monkey-man.

Eric (Extra P.) said...
Jan 23, 2008, 4:21:00 PM  

"compunction"

now there's a word you don't hear everyday.

Chris said...
Jan 23, 2008, 4:22:00 PM  

This is kind of amazing. Holy shit.

Bodjo said...
Jan 23, 2008, 4:27:00 PM  

And Stephen A is doing a wonderful job updating.

TJX said...
Jan 23, 2008, 4:37:00 PM  

i have been horribly misquoted. check the site again, my good man.

frank said...
Jan 23, 2008, 4:41:00 PM  

actually, you misquoted all of us. ha!

frank said...
Jan 23, 2008, 4:42:00 PM  

THIS IS A GODDAMNED OUT. RAGE.

E Buzz said...
Jan 23, 2008, 5:22:00 PM  

Whoops...my bad Lozo. His commenting system is like mine.

Jan 23, 2008, 5:32:00 PM  

I WAS CURIOUS AS TO THE ORIGIN OF SOME OF MY SITE TRAFFIC!

As Emmitt Smith would say, "This is a buttersweet minute."

I've finally been linked to by Awful Announcing, but for something I didn't even say.

Stephen said...
Jan 23, 2008, 6:14:00 PM  

AA is an asshole. SAS is fine - at least he has opinions, ulike most of the jackass media. AA is a racist hater.

Jan 23, 2008, 7:29:00 PM  

If screaming makes your opinions valid, then I guess you're right on that point about old Cheese Doodle.

Jan 23, 2008, 8:46:00 PM  

"Any way I can be a guest commentator on here? I'll promise to use caps lock when necessary."

Classic.

Anonymous said...
Jan 23, 2008, 9:07:00 PM  

AA is an asshole. SAS is fine - at least he has opinions, ulike most of the jackass media. AA is a racist hater.

Your mom is a racist hater.

TJX said...
Jan 23, 2008, 10:15:00 PM  

I'm starting to think that this is too good to be true and someone is pretending to be him. I hope I'm completely wrong, though. I love how everyone is saying things they have wanted to so for so long now.

Anonymous said...
Jan 24, 2008, 12:32:00 AM  

bostonsucks - people don't hate SAS because he's black (well, at least not most people). People hate him because he's an idiot and an obnoxious loudmouth. Not unlike Skip Bayless. (Woody Paige is almost as bad as those two, but he's at least occasionally funny. Bayless and Screamin' A ... not so much.)

Anonymous said...
Jan 24, 2008, 2:39:00 AM  

I think someone needs to start a blog that updates everytime SAS updates his. Instant fuel for each post! The blog writes itself!

Of course, he hasn't done a great job so far updating. Just one more thing SAS is bad at. He's setting the bar pretty low.

Anonymous said...
Jan 24, 2008, 2:50:00 AM  

Yeah ... upon further review, I'd say there's no chance that's real. I've been duped. Ah, horse pucky.

Anonymous said...
Jan 24, 2008, 3:05:00 AM  

No, manbearpig, apparently, this is real. This should be interesting.

Anonymous said...
Jan 24, 2008, 2:03:00 PM  

My God ... it's like Christmas and my birthday on the same day! This must be what Jesus feels like!

Anonymous said...
Jan 24, 2008, 3:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment