Reggie Miller Still Not Making Any Sense

Friday, January 25, 2008

I think I almost cried when I heard that Steve Kerr was heading back to the otherside of the mic last year. The best announcing team in any Sport was being ripped apart and I knew what that meant. Marv would be stuck with a dreadful Reggie Miller.

It's almost halfway through the season, and last night Kelly Dwyer of Yahoo Sports took the time to chronicle the night of Reggie and they are special....

"The first player to go is usually the coach."

"We're not here for lollipop and kisses."

"What's funny, looking at his free throw stroke, [and] being a shooter myself, it looks really good. His mechanics are good, his follow-through is good. Now I'm just wondering if it's a matter of mechanics."

"Without the pity-pack and the dribbling, he's exactly like Dwyane Wade." (on Monta Ellis)
I'm not entirely sure what pity-pack is, but I know funny when I see it. My personal favorite Reggie moment from last night was when the Warriors put up a split screen of Reggie and Barack Obama (I screwed up the video, but it was great).

Announcer says what? Reggie Miller takes the mic (Yahoo Sports)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 11:13 AM

6 Comments:

But is he worse than Charles Davis??? I know you said that you thought he was improved, but you are wrong. Davis is the worst.

GMoney said...
Jan 25, 2008, 11:37:00 AM  

How about getting Reggie Miller and Emmitt Smith together to do a game. Imagine the fun that'll be for bloggers everywhere.

Anonymous said...
Jan 25, 2008, 12:27:00 PM  

Baby, I'm gonna sine your pitty on the runny kine.

Anonymous said...
Jan 25, 2008, 12:40:00 PM  

Reggie was indeed rather dreadful during last night's telecast. In addition to those eloquent nuggets Mr. Dwyer posted here, it also struck me that sometimes he'll just say something *really* loudly and feign/force excitment because he thinks he should, that it sounds good. It's almost like he's reading an "On-Air Personality for Dummies" manual and doing what it tells him to a T.

Anonymous said...
Jan 25, 2008, 1:16:00 PM  

Isn't it Mrs/Ms. Dwyer?

joepadon said...
Jan 25, 2008, 3:35:00 PM  

Actually, I prefer Meester Kelly Dwyer.

kellydwyer said...
Jan 25, 2008, 6:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment