Nick Young Has A Wonderful Nickname For A Player You've Never Heard Of

Friday, January 18, 2008


Unless you're a DC Sports fan or an NBA head you probably don't know who Oleksiy Pecherov is (foreign, white, tall). Nick "The City" Young had a pretty good game going 5-6 for 12 points and Pecherov added nine in a win over the Knicks, but that was not the highlight of the night.

Nick has gave a new nickname to the 7-footer in the postgame and I don't think I've ever heard a better one for a 7-foot white guy....



That's right everyone....."The White Hole"! Nice outro by Buck as well to close out that cinematic masterpiece. And scene!!!

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 10:40 PM

6 Comments:

"Garden Tool"? They obviously misheard what Young said.

Anonymous said...
Jan 18, 2008, 11:33:00 PM  

I'm a Wizards fan and didn't know about Nick Young much until he got drafted by them in June. Don't know if its just me but I've always thought that Nick Young looks and sounds like Nick Cannon(from that movie Drumline) to me lol....they both share the name Nick which is a funny coincidence to me too

Mark B said...
Jan 19, 2008, 1:20:00 AM  

ya wicked funny man, wicked funny

Anonymous said...
Jan 19, 2008, 1:16:00 PM  

I'm glad you labeled this as the Bullets. I still call 'em the Bullets all the time.

But I'll watch more games now in hopes of hearing from Nick young again, I like him.

Anonymous said...
Jan 19, 2008, 3:55:00 PM  

The White Hole? I thought J.J. Redick had that copyrighted.

Kyle said...
Jan 19, 2008, 8:02:00 PM  

Kyle... I think I love you.

Anonymous said...
Jan 20, 2008, 4:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment