Your MNF Video Of The Night: Steve Young Battles Hecklers

Tuesday, December 09, 2008


Earlier in the night, Steve Young took on ESPN by calling the network "dumb", but it was his professionalism when battling thrown cups that really impressed me. Here is Young avoiding a plastic cup thrown at him during the postgame and not missing a beat during his analysis....



I'm not condoning the act in the least, but if you're going to be the douchebag that throws an object at someone, at least hit them with it. Although, skipping it across the camera might actually be more impressive. Here is the rest of your Monday Nighter in quotes via FARN....

"He took the Frankfurt Galaxy to the World Bowl, which I suppose made him All-World." - Tony Kornheiser on Jake Delhomme

"You think Tampa Bay remembers they lost by 24 points in the first game?" - Tony Kornheiser forgetting that it was Carolina that lost by 24 to Tampa Bay

"That was my homework assignment for the week." - Mike Tirico on learning Spanish.

"He's rumbling, bumbling, stumbling down the field." - Jaws channeling his inner Berman

"That's how you stroke it up in there as a linebacker." - Jaws

"That gets you a graduate degree at the Troy Polamalu School of Making Interceptions." - Tony Kornheiser

"Those markers are the real ones." - Mike Tirico on the sideline markers.

"This is not a Buccaneer team that's built to come from behind." - Jaws
"But they have, on the road. 3 times." - Mike Tirico

"You have to score once to score twice, but you have to score twice." - Tony Kornheiser

"Does that mean that, Delhomme, he went to Jarrett?" - Tony Kornheiser

Ugh.

15 Comments:

Tony said some weird shit about Gruden and Garcia and someone liking hot quarterbacks...

It was unsettling...like Tony writes gay pron scripts on the side.

E Buzz said...
Dec 9, 2008, 10:14:00 AM  

Yay, first time referred to as FARN. I was waiting for that to happen.

Those Jared commercials have got to go, period. I have heard more "he went to Jared" groaners than I csre to count and if I hear one more, I might just explode.

Justin F. said...
Dec 9, 2008, 10:22:00 AM  

Where is the video of Steve Young calling ESPN dumb?

Or at least the quote.

I missed it.

Anonymous said...
Dec 9, 2008, 10:22:00 AM  

KORNHEISER AND ESPN ARE TERRIBLE. HE KEPT SAYING JOHN FOX WAS ON PARCELLS STAFF AND THAT HE LEARNED FROM PARCELLS. PARCELLS WAS WAY GONE WHEN FOX WAS AT THE GIANTS.

THEN HE SAID THE PENALTY BY BRYANT (A 5 YARD) AND THE PENALTY BY THE PANTHERS PLAYER FOR 15 YARDS CANCELLED EACH OTHER. ESPN NEVER SHOWED THE PENALTY AND THE PENALTY RESULTED IN CADILLAC SCORING. KORNHEISER IS A DISGRACE.

Anonymous said...
Dec 9, 2008, 10:23:00 AM  

I have heard more Jared groaners then I care to count, not csre to count.

Justin F. said...
Dec 9, 2008, 10:36:00 AM  

Tony Kornheiser is the reason I don't watch MNF any more, he sucks so bad it total ruins the game for me. What I really miss are the days listening to Jack Buck and Hank Stram on the radio instead of whatever crappy announce team ABC had at the time.

Anonymous said...
Dec 9, 2008, 10:47:00 AM  

Since I hate Steve Young, that cup incident had me rolling. But my favorite part was when the camera panned back away from him and for a split second, Emmitt was looking into the crowd with a hilarious scowl on his face. Priceless. Someone should throw shit at Young next week.

GMoney said...
Dec 9, 2008, 10:58:00 AM  

@ GMoney: Seeing as they're in Philadelphia next week, that is definitley a possibility.

Justin F. said...
Dec 9, 2008, 11:14:00 AM  

Maybe they could throw a Santa Claus at him.

E Buzz said...
Dec 9, 2008, 11:25:00 AM  

I'd rather they hit stu scott with that beer can.

Anonymous said...
Dec 9, 2008, 12:00:00 PM  

Typical 'classy' Carolina fans...who might be the biggest douchebags in all of pro sports.

Anonymous said...
Dec 9, 2008, 12:33:00 PM  

I too, heard the comment last night from Tony refering to Garcia "dating hot quarterbacks."

Anonymous said...
Dec 9, 2008, 1:28:00 PM  

Bristol threw the cup!!!


Steve Young "ESPN is dumb"

Bristol "Cue cup at Steve Young"
Steve Young "I'm the fucking professional around here"



why did he call them dumb?

questionmark said...
Dec 9, 2008, 3:06:00 PM  

TRTIMP, Joe Theismann and Paul Maguire > Mike Tirico, Ron Jaworski and Tony Kornmholio.

JamesCraven said...
Dec 9, 2008, 4:09:00 PM  

Dr. Kornheiser entertains me in that instead of laughing with him (like he thinks all of America does) I laugh at him. Of course, seeing as next week's an Eagles game, prepare for my opinion to change on that.

Justin F. said...
Dec 9, 2008, 5:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment