Come On, Joe, That's...Actually, I Can't Argue With You On This

Sunday, July 08, 2007

(posted by OMDQ)

Joe Morgan just said something, and I think I agree with him. Help.

While talking with Jon Miller about the upcoming All-Star Game, Morgan mentioned that he thinks several players should be invited to the game - not as official members of the rosters, mind you, but to be honored for impressive milestones they've reached this season.

Who did he name? Craig Biggio (3,000 hits), Frank Thomas (500 homeruns), and Sammy Sosa (600 homeruns). Throw Roger Clemens in there (350 wins) and you just might be on to something there, Joe.

It makes sense, really - invite them for the festivities, recognize them for their accomplishments prior to the game, then either keep them on as honorary captains or let them get out of there. Regardless of some of the issues facing these guys (Sosa in particular), it would be cool to see them honored for their achievements.

Posted by One More Dying Quail at 10:34 PM

2 Comments:

I didn't hear him say that, but...I...I...I agree with you - and him. That would be a pretty savvy move by MLB.

Also, I'm pretty sure I heard Joe suggest that it may be time for MLB to review the "one representative from each team" as a way to reduce annual all-star snubs.

You may have gone 2/2 on Sunday, Joe, but you've got a long way to go to get back to .500 with me.

SteveJeltzFan said...
Jul 9, 2007, 1:54:00 PM  

you can't have both the all star game deciding HFA and the 1 player from each team rule
there is no way someone from the royals should decide who plays at home in game 7

Sam said...
Jul 9, 2007, 5:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment