The Pammy Awards Week Seven

Monday, October 15, 2007


So we know who the winner is this week.....it has to go to Dave Lapham for the "Face Raping" (or rapping is I called it at first) comment. Some people think he said raking, but I'm not buying it. Also, how has Lou Holtz just made the list now? I blame myself.

10. "And it's wide right...JUST LIKE TOMCZAK'S GOLF GAME!" (Via SS) - Jim Kelly

9. "Oh I may be wrong. The people in the production truck are telling me this is reviewable."- Gary Danielson

8. "If you don't want to dangle your participles..."- Pam Ward (Via Thatswhatshesaid.......Great English Professor humor there)

7. "You are in midseason form, Tom."- Pat Haden
"It IS midseason."- Tom Hammond
"Oh, right."- Pat Haden

6. "Both the offense and the defense....one's trying to get the advantage over the other."- Andre Ware

5. There's Robin of Locksley, taken the poor and giving them to the rich, and the Illini are rich with talent right now."- Ray Bentley (Talking about Illinois Offensive Mike Locksley)

4. "I'm gonna have to get in there and do a little banging myself."- Melissa Knowles

3.
"He wasn't over there long enough to get stiff, but he did get a blow."Bill Curry (Via Heath)

2. "That's like comparing Joan Collins to Linda Evans."- Lou Holtz
"Now for a more modern reference, like Eva Longoria to Teri Hatcher."- Rece Davis
"I don't know who that is."- Lou Holtz

And number one......

1. "He face raped him!"- Dave Laphm (Via MG)
______________________________________________________

Here are the standings after seven weeks........

1. Gary Danielson (30)
2. Brad Nessler (28)
3. Mike Patrick (24)
4. Chris Spielman (23)
5. Paul Maguire, Pam Ward (19)
7. Bob Griese, Lee Corso, Ray Bentley (16)
10. Dave Pasch (15)

Others Receiving Votes: Pat Haden (13), Andre Ware (12), Tim Brandt (11), Dave Lapham (10), Gerry Dinardo (9), Lou Holtz (9), Tom Hart (8), Bill Curry (8), Ed Cunningham (8), Mark Jones (7), Mellissa Knowles (7), Brent Musburger (7), Thom Brennaman (7), Sean McDonough (7), John Saunders (6), Quint Kessenich (6), Charles Arbuckle (5), Dave Lamont (5), Mike Tirico (4), Dan Fouts (4), Doug Flutie (3.5), Desmond Howard (3), Jim Donnan (3), Erin Andrews (3), Craig James (2.5), Todd Blackledge (2), Jim Kelly (1)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 10:22 AM

12 Comments:

Ray Bentley is right, there aren't enough Robin Hood references in football.

GMoney said...
Oct 15, 2007, 11:01:00 AM  

How is Bill Curry's comment not at least #2? Granted this was the week of the "face rape" so #1 is out of the question, but my suppressed teenage humor has me thinking that Curry should be higher.

Anonymous said...
Oct 15, 2007, 11:31:00 AM  

Hey, I'm up for tweaking if the votes come in. You're probably right though, but I don't know how much higher. I love the Bentley one because he gets the Robinhood theory completely wrong. He's not passing Knowles.

I might give him #5.....anyone else want to weigh-in?

Oct 15, 2007, 11:34:00 AM  

I thought that comment should be higher on the list, too.

Oct 15, 2007, 11:37:00 AM  

Melissa Knowles...is that Beyonce's sista?

Steve M said...
Oct 15, 2007, 11:47:00 AM  

It got better - after they scored, Curry followed up with:

"Maybe the fact that he had a blow gave him the energy to do that."

Heef said...
Oct 15, 2007, 12:16:00 PM  

Bill Curry needs to be higher...too funny

Anonymous said...
Oct 15, 2007, 1:33:00 PM  

Okay okay....the people have spoken. I'll move him up.

4th?

Oct 15, 2007, 2:05:00 PM  

did anyone else here Tomzcak say I'll take that guy in my hole any day referring to a Northwestern player?

Anonymous said...
Oct 15, 2007, 2:40:00 PM  

If you bump him to 3rd, I'll happily volunteer to edit your templates so the comments read "X said..." before the quotes instead of after, on the individual article pages. *grin*

</inconsequentialbribe>

Heef said...
Oct 15, 2007, 2:48:00 PM  

So it is done. And I'm taking you up on that offer Heath. I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Oct 15, 2007, 4:32:00 PM  

If you still have the original email I sent you, go ahead and email me there and we'll sort out how to get it done.

Heef said...
Oct 15, 2007, 4:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment