NBC Adds An Analyst For The Playoffs

Saturday, January 05, 2008


Hey, ESPN added three so you knew NBC had to follow suit and add their 14th talking head. NBC has tabbed Dolphins DE Jason Taylor to provide analysis for at least the first round and possibly longer...

Dolphins star Jason Taylor won't be playing in the postseason, but he will be working this weekend anyway.

Taylor landed a marquee gig -- guest studio analyst on NBC's coverage of two wild-card games Saturday. He will be substituting for Cris Collinsworth, who is working the Washington-Seattle game with Tom Hammond on NBC ( Al Michaels and John Madden will call NBC's second game -- Jacksonville-Pittsburgh).

Taylor will appear alongside Bob Costas, Keith Olbermann, Jerome Bettis and Tiki Barber.

''I'm excited . . . ,'' Taylor said. ``Obviously, I wish I was playing this week. Jerome talked about playing some teams that embarrassed you. If I had to do that now, we'd be taking a whole 'nother year to do it.''
Again, current players and coaches aren't my favorite choices, but Jason Taylor will probably be okay. I mean if he can talk Zach Thomas into marrying his sister he should be able to talk on TV.

Taylor reaches playoffs, but will line up in the booth (Miami Herald)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 1:12 PM

6 Comments:

I don' tthink tis a bad mvoe by NBC to add Jason Taylor as an analyst for the palyoffs. I think Jaosn Tyalor can be very good as an analsyt.

Anonymous said...
Jan 5, 2008, 2:01:00 PM  

No pick for the great GMAC Bowl today.

Brett said...
Jan 5, 2008, 2:05:00 PM  

Hey Brett....sorry was busy all morning and too lazy to put up an open thread. I took Ball State +11, but I don't think they're scoring a TD today.

Jan 5, 2008, 2:09:00 PM  

The International Bowl has been interesting only because it proves that John Saunders and Doug Flutie call games stoned together.

Saunders: "Ito is the leading scorer in Rutgers history. The Judge."

(ten second silence)

Flutie: "Oh, I get it...heh, 'Judge Ito.'"

Also, Stacey Dales = still hot, and even more so because I think this game is indoors and, as such, she is not wearing a bulky coat.

Signal to Noise said...
Jan 5, 2008, 2:10:00 PM  

Oh, and that's gotta be weird...you think Zach Thomas would jack Taylor up big time if Taylor ever cheated on his wife? I do.

Hearing Jesse Palmer say "BAM! Right in his grill!", I had to think that was the most awkward use of the phrase ever.

Signal to Noise said...
Jan 5, 2008, 2:15:00 PM  

@brett:

The GMAC Bowl is tomorrow night, not that it matters, unless you're in Friday night Ivy League/Saturday night Hawaii football double-down mode.

To think, Brady Hoke interviewed for the Michigan job.

Anonymous said...
Jan 5, 2008, 2:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment