Live-Blogs, Musical Links, and Agent Zero for MVP

Friday, January 05, 2007

Haven't done one of the musical links in a while, so that's what you're getting this afternoon courtesy of Three Days Grace. But a little info first.

Update: Another thing that I forgot to mention was the links. I am most definitely not swaying from my original promise that anyone and everyone who links this site, or asks for a link, gets one. Ass-Gate sort of blew up the site (for those of you in NewYork look for an AA mention in Newsday....hopefully) and it will take a little while to catch up. Please bear with me.

If you are around this weekend I and my Merry AA Cohorts have pretty much every Football game (but one....and it's the Cowboys/Seahawks so who cares) covered with a live-blog. So if you're bored at home please join us for some football......

The Live- Blog Schedule:

Saturday 4:30pm- KC/INDY......Signal to Noise kicks off the NFL Playoffs.

Sunday 1pm- NYJ/NE.......yours truly is on the case.

Sunday 4:30- NYG/PHI......Beloved commenter Sam T. leads you through the game.

Sunday 8pm- GMAC Bowl......One More Dying Quail is back to do another crappy Bowl Game for me. His quote "Hey, someone has to do the 2AM SportsCenter". Well OMDQ is right....someone does....and I'm glad it's him.

Monday 8:15pm- The National Championship- Florida v. Ohio State......I'll be your host with many others chiming in. Also a special appearance by OSU Alum The Awful Girlfriend (please pray that OSU wins for my sake).

In case you forgot.....there are also two other crappy Bowl Games left. One is actual tomorrow morning. Western Michigan takes on the Scarlet Knight killing Bearcats of Cincinnati. Cincy is at -7.5, the GMAC Bowl has Southern Miss -6, and your championship game is OSU -8. Get your picks to me soon.
______________________________________

Okay onto the Musical Links.........

I can't escape this link
So many times i've tried
But i'm still linked inside
Somebody get me through this nightmare
I can't control my liiiiink

So what if you can see the darkest link of me?
No one will ever change this linky that I have become
Help me believe it's not the real link
Somebody help me tame this liiiiink
(This link, this link)

Somebody help me through this link
I can't control myself
Somebody wake me from this link
I can't escape this hell

Bad I know....it's no Fergie, but what the hell.

Bad Bad Local DC Sports Commercial from Gheorghe the Blog.
Terry Bradshaw hypes Ugly Betty from the San Jose Mercury News
Why the MVC shouldn't be called a "Mid" Major anymore from Extrapolater.
Simmons going ons from OMDQ
An Encounter with Ken Griffey Jr from WBRS.
Agent Zero is making up new terms daily from YAY! Sports
An interesting Sports Book Review from the Big Picture
An interesting piece on Pistol Pete from Signal to Noise.
________________________________________________

And with that I give you your 2006-2007 MVP Gilbert Arenas destroying the Bucks with a 40-Footer the other night. Just amazing. Make sure you check out the second video to see that Gil turned around and walked away before the shot went in. He is just amazing.




Posted by Awful Announcing- at 2:47 PM

10 Comments:

not to be picky...but Cincinnati only has one "t" :)

Anonymous said...
Jan 5, 2007, 3:49:00 PM  

That it does....don't tell the Awful GF that I messed up the spelling of her hometown....

....or are you the Awful GF????

Dunh. Dunh. Dunh.

Jan 5, 2007, 3:53:00 PM  

okay....it was me :)

awful gf said...
Jan 5, 2007, 4:05:00 PM  

That second video is awesome. Love the screaming!

DCSportsChick said...
Jan 5, 2007, 5:17:00 PM  

ok, i figure i need to make up 2 games in this pool to win the all important Free Harold Reynolds shirt. so:
Western Michigan
whoever is playin Southern Miss
and Ohio State

so, just because I don't have a blog, i'm "beloved"?

Anonymous said...
Jan 5, 2007, 6:18:00 PM  

AA - KC/Indy's the early game, 4 PM EST.

I'm going with the Buckeye State Special:

Cincy, Ohio, and OSU.

Signal to Noise said...
Jan 5, 2007, 6:59:00 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric (Extra P.) said...
Jan 5, 2007, 8:14:00 PM  

Thanks for the link, AA.

I am a KC boy myself - probably why I would be completely unable to type a live blog as I was laughing, screaming, crying, jumping.

Eric (Extra P.) said...
Jan 5, 2007, 8:16:00 PM  

Gilbert = big time man-crush.

Signal to Noise said...
Jan 5, 2007, 9:28:00 PM  

give me Cincy, Southern Miss, and of course the Buckeyes on Monday

WCT said...
Jan 6, 2007, 9:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment