Jim Lampley Update

Friday, January 05, 2007

So yesterday I told you about boxing announcer Jim Lampley getting locked up for what appeared to be a little bit of wife beating. Well the report (allegation) is out and it doesn't look good for him......at all.

TMZ

Sanders says at that point all hell broke loose. She alleges, "He grabbed me and threw me against a wall. He then threw me against another wall. He then threw me against the door and I collapsed."Sanders goes on to say that 14-year-old Aaron saw her on the floor and she asked him to call the police. She writes in the document," Jim beat Aaron to the phone and kept Aaron from getting [to the phone]. She says Lampley then drove away with Aaron. Sanders claims she suffered head, neck and back injuries.
Well Lampley has now submitted his own press release....LA Times (Registration- Free)
Lampley issued this statement: "I'm innocent of the charge of domestic abuse that has been leveled against me and will vigorously defend myself…. I'm confident I will be found not guilty of this charge. I thank my friends and family for their support … and ask for understanding and patience from the media until my situation allows me to discuss this in more depth."
His status for the Jan 20th fight on HBO and his future Olympic endeavours are up in the air. Fortunately it was not Bree Walker, but this fetching lass below. He was probably just pissed that she wouldn't give back that f'ing sweet NBC Sports jean jacket pictured above.














Thanks to Mister Irrelevant and Signal to Noise for the tip(s). And the photo is from TMZ.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 12:07 PM

3 Comments:

Damage Control Rule #1 - put out the press release stating confidence you will be found innocent.

Of course, if you have to go through Rule #1, it's not good. Ever.

Signal to Noise said...
Jan 5, 2007, 12:56:00 PM  

Is it too late to make a Club Barcelona joke?

Anonymous said...
Jan 5, 2007, 11:17:00 PM  

Jim Lampley--the same one who blogs on the Huffington Post and calls George Bush the devil? That's too rich! I hope he gets canned!

lunkhead said...
Jan 6, 2007, 1:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment