Bloggers Mock Draft- Round 2

Friday, April 27, 2007


The 2nd Round of the Sports Bloggers Parent's Basement Mock Draft has been completed, and it's just as stellar as the first round.

It only took about 10 more days than expected, but hey the timing is perfect. So extra special thanks to everyone involved in the 2nd Round, and we'll see how we did come Monday.

(Extra Extra special thanks to Luke from HotFoot and Bucktown Skins Fan for stepping up and finishing the thing when I dropped the ball)

So after all of the blood, sweat, and tears......this is what we came up with. Feel free to tear it apart.....

Round 2:

33. OAK - Trent Edwards, QB, Stanford
34. DET - Sidney Rice, WR, South Carolina
35. TB - Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami
36. CLE - Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State
37. CHI - Steve Smith, WR, USC
38 ARZ - Josh Wilson, S, MD
39. ATL - Anthony Gonzales, WR, Ohio State
40. MIA - Drew Stanton, QB, Michigan State
41. MIN - Dwayne Bowe- WR, USC
42. SF - Ben Grubbs, G, Auburn
43. BUF - Ray McDonald, DE Florida
44. CAR - Kenny Scott, CB, Georgia Tech
45. ATL- David Harris, LB, Michigan
46. PIT- Mason Crosby, K, Colorado
47. GB- Zach Miller, TE, Arizona State
48. JAX- Justin Blalock, G, Texas
49. CIN- Johnnie Lee Higgins, WR, UTEP
50. TEN- Tank Tyler, DT, N.C. State
51. NYG- Rights to Jeff Samardija, WR, ND
52. STL- Craig Davis, WR, LSU
53. DAL- Tanard Jackson, CB/S, Syracuse
54. KC- Tony Ugoh, G, Arkansas
55. SEA- Brian Leonard, FB/RB, Rutgers
56. DEN- Buster Davis, ILB, Florida State
57. PHI- Michael Bush, RB, Louisville
58. NO- Anthony Spencer, DE, Purdue
59. NYJ- Aundrae Allison, WR, East Carolina
60. MIA- Ryan Kalil, OC, USC
61. BAL- Lorenzo Booker, RB, Florida St
62. SD- Eric Weddle, Safety, Utah.
63. NYJ- Daymeion Hughes, CB, Cal
64. TB- Jason Hill, WR, Washington St

I'm actually partial to the second round over the first because some of the picks are up to 2 or more rounds down on Todd McShay's Mock Draft over at ESPN. But who made him God right? Right?!?! (The lowest is Johnnie Lee Higgins in Round 5)

Here's the list of everyone involved....be sure to click the links over to their site(s).

Dr. Doom, The Sports Hernia, Awful Officiating, Bucktown Skins Fan, Draft King, Point 23, HotFoot, The Feed, Complete Sports, 49ers Nation, BfloBlog, Digital Headbutt, PsampBlog, Sports Show on Mute, Mush Sports, Ladies..., Check out my HEMI, Stupid Sideline Reporters, La Revolucion, The 700 Level, If I Ran..., East Coast Bias, G-Money, Rumors and Rants, Extrapolater, Run up the Score, and The Big Picture.

(Let me know if I missed you and I'll add you in.)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 2:16 PM

22 Comments:

You forgot the picks I was supposed to make.....

Apr 27, 2007, 3:59:00 PM  

Hey AA, you linked Drdoom's website twice. If you click on the sports hernia you get drdoomvote.blogspot.com

TJX said...
Apr 27, 2007, 4:01:00 PM  

Wait...WTF? I picked Kenny Scott! Who put Eric Wright there?!?

Mike said...
Apr 27, 2007, 4:05:00 PM  

where did the 44th and 45th pick go?

TJX said...
Apr 27, 2007, 4:14:00 PM  

I had 44 and 45. I picked Anthony Gonzalez and David Harris for ATL.

Apr 27, 2007, 4:15:00 PM  

I thought I was supposed to have the Browns second rounder???

GMoney said...
Apr 27, 2007, 4:22:00 PM  

The funny thing with AA, is that I couldn't find Eric Wright in the forum.

TJX said...
Apr 27, 2007, 4:22:00 PM  

Sorry Sorry.....had so many holes to fill in there were some errors. It should be close to right by now.

I'll be more organized next time I promise.

(P.S.- I have no idea where Eric Wright came from, but you should have drafted him before Kenny Scott, DHB)

Apr 27, 2007, 4:29:00 PM  

I traded pick 39 to Digital Headbutt for the 44th pick, "We Get Live" by Fabulous and a free post on his blog.

Apr 27, 2007, 4:31:00 PM  

No love for me!?! ha ha

Apr 27, 2007, 4:32:00 PM  

Sorry for nixing the trade thing...I just didn't have time to post any of the comments.

Sorry BSF...you were supposed to be in the sentence above, and I skipped over you. You're in now.

My fault.

Apr 27, 2007, 4:38:00 PM  

It said awful officiating took the browns 2nd rounder.

TJX said...
Apr 27, 2007, 4:39:00 PM  

The sunshine of your love is pouring upon me again... thank you AA.

Apr 27, 2007, 4:57:00 PM  

PS — I got my Caption Contest #3 entry in late (this morning), but I thought I had a strong contender.

Anything referencing or quoting The Goonies should get extra consideration in my book.

Apr 27, 2007, 5:00:00 PM  

The Steelers have a kicker. If they actually take a kicker in the second round, I think my head will explode.

Apr 27, 2007, 8:52:00 PM  

big ups to mason crosby and pittsburgh sports and mini ponies for having the cojones to take him......see ya later, jeff reed's thighs of glory!

Anonymous said...
Apr 27, 2007, 9:39:00 PM  

The latest from the Sports Hernia/Lions Round 2 war room:

Matt Millen's wing sauce stained mustache is now predominantly dark orange as opposed to the vibrant orange it once was. He has, however, stopped snoring but he's still trying to trade the majority of his draft picks for Mercury Hayes and a Mercury Sable.

Anonymous said...
Apr 27, 2007, 11:22:00 PM  

hahaha yeah i know pgh has a kicker. i picked crosby in good fun. my reasoning for taking him is on my site, if it needs further explanation

tecmo said...
Apr 27, 2007, 11:33:00 PM  

hey two links for me, yay. Hey people looked at my site yay. ah nobody commented wah. Wow this took a long long time, well done though aa. ps we should totally do it for the nba, shotty wizards nose call. I win.

Anonymous said...
Apr 28, 2007, 8:15:00 AM  

Eric Weddle to San Diego in the 2nd round. I'm a genius.

Phillips said...
Apr 28, 2007, 6:58:00 PM  

Domin8 MySpace with unique myspace layouts. Check out www.domin8myspace.com

Anonymous said...
May 7, 2007, 4:45:00 AM  

Their seo services are top notch. We have been using them for about 5 years now but they just showed us their new viral marketing packages that are state of the art mass marketing techniques becuase it's not just about seo
anymore.
Website Promotion from Atomic Seo was definitly a wise investment so yeah I would recommend their services.

Anonymous said...
Oct 25, 2007, 4:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment