Joey Crawford Done For Good?

Wednesday, April 18, 2007


Came across this clip while watching the 2 plus hours of NBA Fastbreak. Not quite sure why it was that long....especially since it started at 7pm and the Clips and Warriors didn't play until 10pm. Anywho, we have a clip of David Stern talking very softly about the Duncan incident, but it was the quote from Joey Crawford that I wanted to point out.


"I told him I would throw Duncan out again if he did what he did....so if my employer does not think that was acceptable, then I have a problem. Please do not be sad for me....I've had a great run and a great career and nobody will ever take that from me."- Crawford

I do feel sorry for him though. Sorry that he's letting something like this end his career. Everyone deserves a second chance, but if you are going to be that stubborn and not learn from what happened....adios.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 10:15 AM

4 Comments:

You still don't throw someone out of the game for laughing. Let alone give him a technical.

Brett said...
Apr 18, 2007, 12:53:00 PM  

I dunno, it all smells a bit to me. Specifically, why did David Stern let Stu Jackson let things spiral out of control. Does Stern have a good handle here or not?
Crawford suspension will be a loss to the playoffs. Why not have suspended him a couple games and/or not allowing him to officiate Spurs playoff games?

Anonymous said...
Apr 18, 2007, 5:32:00 PM  

"Please don't feel bad for me..."

Who in their right mind would ever feel bad for him? He should never have been an NBA referee this long. Stern, on pervious occasions, even warned him that this would happen one day and Crawford still did his own thing.

The NBA is like politics... just like the White House, we need to get rid of anyone with power (referring to the NBA.)

Blah Society said...
Apr 20, 2007, 12:29:00 AM  

Joey is just losing it in his old age. Same thing happened to Imus, Jimmy the Greek, Billy Packer, Boss Hogg, etc....

Anonymous said...
Apr 28, 2007, 12:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment