Darko.....Come Out And Plaaaaaay!

Monday, April 23, 2007


Okay, I'm going to need an assist on this play.

In the clip below, Steve Kerr is talking about why Detroit is booing Darko Milicic. The booth then throws it down to sideline reporter Stephanie Ready (I know...who the hell is Stephanie Ready right?). As she is saying her piece Chauncey Billups hits a jumper and the crowd drowns out the end of her sentence.

Well after she says whatever she says Steve Kerr and Marv Albert basically joke on her for saying that Darko had baseball BATS thrown at him in Europe. Culminating in Marv proclaiming, "Baseball Bats?!" right in the middle of a three point play.

When I first heard this live I thought she said he got baseballs thrown at him over seas. On second listen it sounds like bats. Either way it's funny as hell.



Help me out here....(Update- The video works now. Don't know what I did to mess that up. Check it out.)

(P.S.- I was going to go the Pedro Cerrano route and that Darko had to "wake up bats", but I thought the Warriors and the Baseball Furies would be more appropriate.)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 11:37 PM

5 Comments:

Gonna be tough the video is set to private and doesn't load on page.

AdamAnt said...
Apr 24, 2007, 9:19:00 AM  

haha i never thought id see a reference to "the warriors" on this site. im clanking 3 glass bottles together right now just to be a badass. that movie kicked ass. yeah, it was overly theatrical and hardly real, but you gotta love/admire the uniqueness

tecmo said...
Apr 24, 2007, 12:18:00 PM  

That's Steve Kerr, not Doug Collins.

Paulsen said...
Apr 24, 2007, 1:48:00 PM  

I have no idea why I put Doug Collins....I'm losing my mind. Either way....what the hell did that chick say? Bats?

Apr 24, 2007, 1:56:00 PM  

At one point in the game Steve Kerr was pointing out how Darko hadn't turned out to be a superstar yet like so many others in the draft, when he said something about him that I hadn't heard since the 2003 pre-draft analysis days:
"He runs like a deer."
Kerr and the draft analyzers said this in a way that implied basketball players who run like deer will be successful. I don't understand this and I can't think of any other player who has been described as having deer-like running prowess.

Trader Rick said...
Apr 24, 2007, 5:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment