What's In A Name?

Sunday, April 29, 2007

This year's NFL draft featured many players with unique names. My four favorites:

1. Amobi Okoye (Round 1, Pick 10): It'd be funnier if his name was Muslim Okoye, but still a great name. No relation to Christian Okoye, incidentally.

2. Jermon Bushrod (Round 4, Pick 126): Yes, I have the maturity of an adolescent.

3. C.J. Ah You (Round 7, Pick 239): You have to wonder exactly how this played out behind the scenes:

Gene Washington: Mr. Levy, we need your pick.

Marv Levy: We'll take...Ah You.

Gene Washington: Mr. Levy, you can't select me, I'm 60 years old.

Marv Levy: No. We want Ah You, from Oklahoma.

Gene Washington: I'm from Alabama.

Marv Levy: ...
I know that's not really funny, but thanks for laughing anyway.

4. Ahmad Bradshaw (Round 7, Pick 250): Anyone else imagining the love child of Ahmad Rashad and Terry Bradshaw?

Posted by One More Dying Quail at 7:41 PM

6 Comments:

When I seen the Ah You guys name I couldn't help but laugh. I think you may have hit the nail on the head with your behind the scenes guess.

BD said...
Apr 29, 2007, 9:23:00 PM  

thanks for the image of a bradshaw rashad love child. well done thats the image i want. as an adolescent i find bushrod hilarious,

Anonymous said...
Apr 29, 2007, 9:25:00 PM  

I wonder if he's related to Junior Ah You?

Anonymous said...
Apr 29, 2007, 11:12:00 PM  

The Steelers took some guy named William Gay; gay jokes are always good for a laugh, right?

Apr 29, 2007, 11:17:00 PM  

How about the Saints taking a CB named Usama??? Terrorist jokes are always classic, no?

GMoney said...
Apr 30, 2007, 10:08:00 AM  

I once knew a Pryor. What an awful name!!!!!!!!! It's like, Pryor to my arrest, I got a sex change and hit on my friend John W. Pryor to my life the world was a better place.

SUCH A BAD NAME!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...
Sep 6, 2007, 2:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment