MLB.TV Is Clever

Wednesday, April 18, 2007


You know what keeps me entertained? Sun dresses, people getting hit in the balls, early 90s rock (Temple of the Dog Baby!), and 80s video games. Well during the Opening Day Open Thread I alluded to a Right Guard commercial being played every stoppage of play. And thank god it's been replaced......and with awesomeness.



Yep....MLB replaced it's sell-out of a commercial with f'ing Pac-Man! Instead of turning away I actually watch the whole thing. They could probably just throw up a Right Guard logo and I'd stop buying Axe in an instant.

(Who am I kidding....even though Axe smells like crap the commercials are soooooo true. The ladies just flock to me.....how can I pass that up?)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 2:09 PM

4 Comments:

I watch the Pacman game too. And I get so angry when he makes a stupid move. Just frustrating to watch at times.

Brett said...
Apr 18, 2007, 2:53:00 PM  

I also am a mlb.tv subscriber. The programmable player alert feature fucking rules. Brett is right, the pacman makes plenty of bad moves, but they are always the kind of bad moves that lead to finishing a level in more time rather than death. Hopefully other games will appear. I'm ready for some Pole Position!

Trader Rick said...
Apr 18, 2007, 3:20:00 PM  

yeah, seriously guys. i get so sick of watching the moves that it makes, and it's clear that the ghosts are drunk or something, because they have no interest in actually trying to catch Pacman. But then I think back to my childhood when I usually couldn't beat a level without dying at least once, and so I figure, well, maybe I just played too aggressively, and they really know what they're doing.

- b said...
Apr 18, 2007, 4:04:00 PM  

and yet i still find myself sitting there at my computer watching him run around instead of getting up to grab a bite to eat or take a leak. i'm getting pretty close to having his pattern memorized.

- b said...
Apr 18, 2007, 4:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment