You Create The Caption #74

Thursday, September 06, 2007

(Usually) Everyday I'll throw out a photo from the AP or one of the bigger sites and you provide the caption. Hilarity ensues. I'm also adding a handful of links at the bottom of the page that you should check out each day.

Yesterday's Winners.....


"A shoeless, shirtless, screaming bearded man walking down a dirt road holding a giant piece of scrap metal. Welcome to Appalachia."- Majorly English

"This is Appalachia, jerk, take off your shirt and shoes if you're gonna carry this thing!!!"- G-Money

"Wait... this was the opening week of ultimate frisbee, right?"- Cornography

"Squeal like a pig, Michigan!!"- Anon
_________________________

Are you funny enough to make a caption for this photo of Giants' Pitcher Dan Giese sporting a Dora The Explorer backpack?


Daily Links:


A View Inside Chris Benoit's Brain (Ballsiest)
An NBA Bloggers Roundtable (Half Court Heave)
Oh Yeah Ladies! Matt Leinart In GQ!!! (AZ Sports Hub)
Speaking Of Ladies....Which QB Would Make The Best Wingman? (Rumors and Rants)
Laces Out!!! (The Sports Hernia)
Yanks Fan's Home Vandalized In Tampa Bay (The Sporting Orange)
The Top 10 Signs You Care Too Much About Your Playoff Bound Fantasy MLB Team (Epic Carnival)

Lastly....

I mentioned this earlier in the NFL Post, but KSK is seriously doing a great thing by raising money for the Fisher House which raises money for disabled veterans and their families. If you have a second and anything extra....throw them some coin.

The First Annual KsK Kares Charity Drive (Kissing Suzy Kolber)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 12:24 PM

21 Comments:

Can you spot the person who lost a bet to Matt Cain?

There he is!

Max Wass said...
Sep 6, 2007, 12:52:00 PM  

I don't like no one touching my stuff. So just keep your meathooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. And I don't like nobody touching me. Any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.

E Buzz said...
Sep 6, 2007, 1:05:00 PM  

Barry Bonds finally stashes his steroids in the last place anyone would look.

the great bambi said...
Sep 6, 2007, 1:06:00 PM  

Omar Vizquel, struggling with the onset of senility, sends his "granddaughter" Dan Giese off to "her first day of kindergarten."

Sep 6, 2007, 1:11:00 PM  

The Giants' youth movement decides to skew much younger than originally proposed by Brian Sabean.

Signal to Noise said...
Sep 6, 2007, 1:28:00 PM  

Swiper no Swiping...Swiper no Swiping...Swiper no Swiping...bases while I'm pitching...

Anonymous said...
Sep 6, 2007, 1:32:00 PM  

Giese picked the "Dora The Explorer" bag because it was less gay than "Go, Go Diego".

mlmintampa said...
Sep 6, 2007, 1:39:00 PM  

"Sure Barry I go no problem staying in the major leagues by being your drug mule"

Anonymous said...
Sep 6, 2007, 1:48:00 PM  

If only there were comfy chairs and a big screen TV in the Giants locker room where I could sit and watch Dora the Explorer. Sigh.

Anonymous said...
Sep 6, 2007, 2:52:00 PM  

He could've picked Go Diego Go, but he realized that at least Diego was going somewhere this season.

TJX said...
Sep 6, 2007, 3:02:00 PM  

Dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeego!

Brian Bremer said...
Sep 6, 2007, 3:39:00 PM  

Hey, I've got a PBJ in my Hello Kitty lunchbox, the sweet backpack, and Brad Hennessey is bringing his Stretch Armstrong...it's going to be a great time in the Giants bullpen tonight!!!

GMoney said...
Sep 6, 2007, 3:56:00 PM  

"Yeah Barry you're right, Mitchell will NEVER think to look in here"

Anonymous said...
Sep 6, 2007, 4:01:00 PM  

Hey Jermaine Dye, if you're going to start combing around in the infield, you need one of these!

Anonymous said...
Sep 6, 2007, 4:20:00 PM  

mommy said i had to get on bus number 128, now where could it be?

1-2-8, 1-2-8, 1-2-8...

Anonymous said...
Sep 6, 2007, 4:31:00 PM  

I'm tired of the damn giants and all of their undisciplined Caribbean backpacks.

Anonymous said...
Sep 6, 2007, 5:09:00 PM  

Appalachian State graduate.

Anonymous said...
Sep 6, 2007, 5:21:00 PM  

I'm off to find the strike zone...

John Steward said...
Sep 6, 2007, 9:52:00 PM  

Does this match my overmanicured eyebrows?

Trey said...
Sep 7, 2007, 12:04:00 AM  

"I wanted to wear the Popeye backpack, but Barry's using to show Bud Selig how he naturally increased muscle weight late in his career. Apparently it was all spinach".

Anonymous said...
Sep 7, 2007, 11:03:00 AM  

But all my teammate's grandkids watch it in the locker room with me.

Anonymous said...
Sep 7, 2007, 4:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment