MNF Live-Blog: Titans vs. Broncos - 2nd Half

Monday, November 19, 2007


I don't know much, but I know as long as I live-blog a game involving the Broncos...this picture will make it in.

20-10 at the half, and I'm sure all of you are falling asleep, but luckily we have Jordan Sparks to wake us up....

"You're on my heart, like a tattoo!"

"How much is Fox paying ESPN to push yet another crappy American Idol singer?"- Anon

I hear that the exchange is free on both ends, but that can't be the case.

Selvin Young is hurt and the Broncos are going to be playing The Bulls' Andre Hall! Nice.

Touchdown Brandon Marshall! 41 yards after a broken tackle....

27-10.


I really only got excited because I needed Fantasy points but him, but that Jordan Sparks has me amped. "My direction....I needed your proteccccction!" Awesome.

"AA, Marshall must have seen your pic because he went into the endzone in the exact same form. "- Dummy

That he did....that he did.

Mike Tirico just really confused me on the reasoning that there's no replay on FGs....whatever I just skipped about 10 minutes and watched "Caps Cribs". Brent Johnson's wife is a stunner.

Titans punt. And Martinez muffs the punt!!! Great defense by the Broncos is for naught as Martinez drops it and gets blasted by Griffin.

Vince Young picks up a great run as he freezes the Broncos linebackers

"Vince is going out the backdoor."- Mike Tirico

Whoa. That's where we all go Michael. Young to the Goalline!!!! No. Wow that looked good to me on the sideline. That's the second play of the game that Tennessee should have challenged and didn't.

Wait....before the play Denver called a timeout. The Titans HAVE to challenge now! A review....

Touchdown Titans.....

27-17.


We've got a game, but Young is banged up. He should get a good rest though after the TD though. Tony correctly points out that the Titans have now been given 10 points because of timeouts now.

Lemme Lemme Upgrade Ya! Cutler is sacked on third and long and the Titans are getting the ball back. And Davis fumbles!!!!! He recovers.....almost pulled a Martinez there. Young coming back out.

"Who's going to come out onto the field for the Titans, the veteran Collins?"- Mike Tirico
"You normally don't come onto the field wearing a baseball cap."- Jaws

Sciafe picks up a first down, and Lynch comes up gimpy after a tackle.

"It's in the belly of White."- Mike Tirico

Oh my god....Tony Kornheiser just said that people "Used to compare White to Eddie George now they compare him to Boy George."

What does that mean???

This is actually a huge quarter for the AFC Wild Card. Bironas has a chance to cut the lead to seven for the Titans....and does.....

27-20 Broncos

I'll admit one thing I like about MNF. Those black and white photos with a few things in color are pretty sweet. They should turn that into a coffee table book.

"Young athletic QBs....this is the future of the NFL."- Jaws

Actually no....no it's not Jaws. Name me the last running QB to win a Super Bowl. Oh that's right....I forgot Trent Dilfer. Come on.

Wow.....Andre Hall reels off a 62 yard run and a TD

34-20....great run by the backup.


Titans go three and out and now the Broncos can put it away for good. Wow the Broncs almost fumbled away a ball there, and Denver punts. A dumbass penalty on the Titans puts it near the 10.

Chris Brown gets it away from the goalline with a 15 yard screen, and he follows it up with another first down.

"Great job as McKinley comes in his face."- Ron Jaworski on Vince Young

Wow. Vince Young puts a huge move on Ian Gold and leaves him in the dust for another first. Another 16 to Roydell Williams. Inside handoff gets a few. Incomplete to....Eric Moulds? Hey a Moulds sighting!

And VY is picked off by Chesapeake, VA's finest, DRE BLY! Great exchange between Steve Levy and Mike Tirico here at the end. Levy gives the corporate stance that Ricky Williams might play next Monday Night, and it's immediately shot down by Tirico.

Ian Gold picks Young and that'll just about seal it for the Broncos.

34-20 is the final, and I'll see you next week for an even more dreadful game as the Dolphins take on the Steelers. Good day.

17 Comments:

How much is Fox paying ESPN to push yet another crappy American Idol singer?

Anonymous said...
Nov 19, 2007, 10:13:00 PM  

I KNEW they were going to compare that play to Romo...and btw, Cutler has a quick release and an incredible arm...even though he scares the shit out of me sometimes, I think he has way more potential than the other two, Young and Lionheart.

Anonymous said...
Nov 19, 2007, 10:21:00 PM  

AA, Marshall must have seen your pic because he went into the endzone in the exact same form.

Anonymous said...
Nov 19, 2007, 10:24:00 PM  

I admit it. I'm still amused by that commercial with Matt Hasselbeck talking about how reading his playbook to his kids puts them to sleep.

Anonymous said...
Nov 19, 2007, 10:28:00 PM  

And this game has gone from "decently played game between two average teams" to "slop fest"

Anonymous said...
Nov 19, 2007, 10:37:00 PM  

I always forget you're a local guy... then you throw in references like "Caps Cribs" and I remember.
But Hockey players and Nascar drivers are proof that women are gold-diggers... They might not have any teeth, but they have hot ass wives.

Anonymous said...
Nov 19, 2007, 10:51:00 PM  

Yea, chase, like you would not give both your left AND right nut to be Jimmie Johnson or Jeff Gordon.

Anonymous said...
Nov 19, 2007, 10:57:00 PM  

Wait a minute. What the fuck did Tony just say?

Scrappled said...
Nov 19, 2007, 10:57:00 PM  

This is where Cutler is like Romo...when the game is on the line, and he has to answer a score by the other team, he comes through....this next drive will be fun to watch.

Anonymous said...
Nov 19, 2007, 11:03:00 PM  

Am I a prognosticator or what?

Anonymous said...
Nov 19, 2007, 11:07:00 PM  

Hey, I'm not saying I wouldn't. I love driving fast, getting paid lots of money and having sex with hot girls, I'm just saying, there are A LOT of goofy ass athletes in each sport that have gorgeous wives.

Anonymous said...
Nov 19, 2007, 11:11:00 PM  

That's because all of those guys have, ummmm, great personalities and are funny...yea, that's it.

Anonymous said...
Nov 19, 2007, 11:13:00 PM  

Broncos are winning the division...game over for real this time AA...have a good night everyone

Anonymous said...
Nov 19, 2007, 11:38:00 PM  

"The Patriots are bad for the NFL." -Tirico

Glad I waited to turn it off.

Anonymous said...
Nov 19, 2007, 11:41:00 PM  

It's been good guys. Time to stop procrastinating on this term paper I need to write and turn in tomorrow.
Good Night!

Anonymous said...
Nov 19, 2007, 11:45:00 PM  

Ha... If you have TiVo, I recommend backing it up and pausing it with :22 on the game clock.

Jay Cutler and Vince Young about play a little tonsil hockey!

Anonymous said...
Nov 19, 2007, 11:45:00 PM  

Since its been mentioned before just how long the post game coverage takes on SportsCenter, so I timed it this week. Going from the start of SC when Kenny Mayne tosses it to Stuart Scott and company go uninturrupted, until it's thrown back to Bristol...26:36!! I have to admit, I can't believe I really sat through the whole thing. Yeah, it was 26 minutes, but man, did it feel like 26 hours!

Anonymous said...
Nov 20, 2007, 12:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment