Your Official Post Season Pammy Nominees

Tuesday, January 08, 2008


The Top 15 Comments of the Bowl Season are below, but I'm doing something a little different to find out the winner. We're always hemming and hawing about which quote should be number one, and I always choose the wrong one (according to you commenters). So what does that mean?

You get to vote for the winner. I've left the five that I think are the best at the bottom and you the reader gets to choose who wins the first ever Post Season Pammy at AA. Sounds fun right? Well let's get into it.....


Honorable Mention:

"There's Taylor Hicks and he dated your wife at Auburn didn't he?"- Terry Gannon to David Norrie

"The tiger is fast, but the owl sees at night."- Mark Jones

"Show me those legs again...I want to see those calves." - Mark Jones on FAU running back Charles Pierre (Via Asher)

"Holy Boise, Batman!" - Dave Lamont (Via Anon)

"The defender reached around and pulled on Young."- Dave Sims (Via Rick James Bible Owner)

"Pat White has gotten in and out of trouble with those beautiful legs of his."- Terry Donahue (Via Fairplay)

"You know the game find Waldo?"- Rod Gilmore (Via Ryan)

"If you put your nose up in the air just right you can smell the sofa cushions all the way from Morgantown."- Matt Vasgersian

"Tomorrow, the Boise State Broncos play the East Carolina Parrots....Parrots? I meant Pirates."- Brad Nessler (Via Rick James Bible Owner)
______________________

15. "If he can ride that running back and pull it and go out the back door he'd of had a big play."- Daryl Johnston

14. "That's Oklahoma-type speed!"- Terry Donahue (Via JJ and lib4) on a Noel Devine Touchdown

13. "When it comes to blood, blood is going to win over school.....when blood's involved in the contest."- Charles Davis

12. "Part of the reason we enjoy this game every year is the sunset."- Brent Musburger

11. "Boy they shouldn't let those two guys sit together. At least keep them in that order. You'd get the bloggers going all day on that one."- Matt Vasgersian

10. "And this is what happens in Football. Guys are going down on you."- Pat Haden (Via zeb)

9. "He's (Tebow) not going to party, he's going to do charitable work with kids...."- Holly Rowe
Holly I can see Todd doing something like that while you and I go to Daytona."- Mike Patrick

8. "He smelled sack and he got sack"- Chris Spielman (Via Fairplay)

7. "Stretched out every ounce of speed he had"- Andre Ware (Via Anon)

6. "That's the the theme music from the old TV show Terry and The Pirates. Paul Ditzel pulled his defense....the defense name he had were the Chinese bandits."- Charles Davis

Now onto what who you're voting for. In no particular order.....

"Now you know why his teammates call him 'Sweet Pea'." - Charles Davis
"He's got a couple of nicknames. Donny Avery called him a white Michael Vick." - Mike Mayock
"I think Sweet Pea is a little safer." - Brad Sham
(Via alienaub)

"Owen Schmitt, like a big runaway beer truck" - Matt Vasgersian

"You have an I-Pod and an I-Phone?"- Todd Blackledge
"Anything with an I in it I have it. If they come out with an I-Car I'm buying it."- Mike Patrick
"Do you have Britney Spears on that I-Pod?"- Todd Blackledge
"No.............although I hear she might be renting out that double wide to a family member."- Mike Patrick

"You know, I did Larry Fitzgerald when he was a young redshirt freshman at Pittsburgh."- Gary Danielson (Via Fairplay)

"Cut his mic."- Rece Davis
"Cut his throat"- Lou Holtz



The Polls close at noon on Friday and I'll reveal the winner then. Thanks for voting and feel free to leave your reasoning in the comments!

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 5:05 PM

21 Comments:

You doing a postseason review again, AA?

Anonymous said...
Jan 8, 2008, 5:20:00 PM  

Yep that's coming and so is the Year in AA. Had to get through the Championship game first.

Jan 8, 2008, 5:26:00 PM  

Man, I really like that Larry Fitzgerald quote.

GMoney said...
Jan 8, 2008, 5:36:00 PM  

I voted for "cut his throat" because it sounds like something I would say to a co-worker. Well actually I warn them daily that I'm going to "punch them in the throat" so that's pretty close.

Anonymous said...
Jan 8, 2008, 6:20:00 PM  

I love that Patrick quote. If you hear it live you could hear Patrick be quiet for about half a second. Great zinger by Blackledge

Rahul said...
Jan 8, 2008, 6:32:00 PM  

AA this is the hardest poll i've ever had to answer. Ever. Harder than this one time I had to vote for the best condiment.

TheFolkist said...
Jan 8, 2008, 6:59:00 PM  

The only award Vasgersian's should win is most awesome analogy of the 2007 college football season.

Kyle said...
Jan 8, 2008, 7:08:00 PM  

I can't go against a comment that gives us the image of a 105 pound old man brandishing a shiv.

Anonymous said...
Jan 8, 2008, 7:59:00 PM  

whats the back story behind..."cut his mic" "cut his throat"???

I missed that one

Anonymous said...
Jan 8, 2008, 8:35:00 PM  

If anyone doesn't vote for Lou Holtz, he's going to come to your house and cut you.

Brave Sir Robin said...
Jan 8, 2008, 9:24:00 PM  

I think the cut his mic thing came when Mark May was bitching about how boring a town Bristol is. Rece said cut his mic, and the greaser did the rest.

The going down comment AND the Taylor Hicks comment are WAY too low.

Anonymous said...
Jan 8, 2008, 9:41:00 PM  

Just an observation, bur if having to contend with Pam Ward wasn't enough, now could someone explain why Beth Mowins is doing PbP of the Seton Hall-Marquette game on ESPN Regional?

Anonymous said...
Jan 8, 2008, 9:59:00 PM  

*but, not bur.

Anonymous said...
Jan 8, 2008, 10:00:00 PM  

Mike Patrick + Britney = Pammy Gold

Anonymous said...
Jan 8, 2008, 10:20:00 PM  

It's got to be Holtz. I just look at it and crack up. However, I think Spielman's smell sack and get sack had to be in the finals. That one's hilarious also. Matt Vas's isn't that good, and the Fitz one is week too. It's got to be Holttthh.

Anonymous said...
Jan 8, 2008, 10:52:00 PM  

*weak

Anonymous said...
Jan 8, 2008, 10:52:00 PM  

BTW, Taylor Hicks was just dropped by his label. I guess that means no more Super Bowl ads for him, huh?

UnHoly Diver said...
Jan 9, 2008, 12:48:00 AM  

Can it be arranged for the winner of this poll to be forced into retirement?
Can it also be arranged for said winner to be Mike Patrick?

Ryan said...
Jan 9, 2008, 10:16:00 AM  

Nothing tops the Beer Truck. Yum, Beeeeer.

Mac G said...
Jan 9, 2008, 12:00:00 PM  

I'm not sure Holtz can actually reach May's throat. But what the hell, I'd love to see him try. Tally 1 for Lou.

Anonymous said...
Jan 9, 2008, 3:16:00 PM  

Matt Vasgersian has no business winning this because he stole that quote from a Washington Post article three years ago.

Anonymous said...
Jan 10, 2008, 1:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment