Welcome LC From The Hills And Others To The 'Sphere!

Wednesday, April 09, 2008


I love how leagues and teams think their fans even remotely care what "stars" have to say about their favorite team/league, but add the NHL to the list of entities that subscribe to the theory. Such stars as Country singer Dierks Bentley, Juno Director Jason Rietman, Kevin Smith, and Lauren Conrad of The Hills will be penning/typing blogs about "their love of Hockey" for the Playoffs.

Beginning Wednesday, more than a dozen celebs will follow their favorite teams through the Stanley Cup playoffs, said NHL spokeswoman Bernadette Mansur.

"As NHL.com bloggers, they can be irreverent and candid about their love for the NHL," she said.

Conrad described herself as "a casual hockey fan" who has followed the Kings for the past two seasons.

"I'm blogging about the NHL playoffs because I love live hockey and I thought this would be a fun way to get more involved with the postseason," the reality-TV star said in a statement.
They will be joining such Hollywood luminaries as David Boreanez and Tom Cavanaugh (who?) who blogged for the league in years past. This should be fun right? I mean reading a blog by someone who isn't really even fan sounds interesting. Let's see what she's got up already....
Since the Kings are out of it, I’ll adopt my fellow Orange County Anaheim Ducks as my team for the playoffs. Is there anything you guys think I should know as I watch the Ducks?

Thanks for reading and I’ll talk to you soon. Enjoy the playoffs!

Favorite NHL Team:
Anaheim Ducks
Favorite Sports/Teams:
No answer
Favorite Players:
No answer
Music:
No answer
Books:
No answer
Movies:
No answer
Other interests:
No answer
Very very interesting stuff and great insight there. Great hire NHL.

Jason Reitman, Kevin Smith blog for NHL (Yahoo!)
LC's NHL Blog (NHL.com)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 12:22 PM

6 Comments:

While the short-lived "Love Monkey" wasn't exactly a worldwide phenomenon, Tom Cavanaugh was the star of the show "Ed" for several years. He's also a recurring character on Scrubs, J.D.'s brother. Show Ed some love!

Anonymous said...
Apr 9, 2008, 12:52:00 PM  

Anon- Shhhhh. I was a huge ED fan. Don't tell anyone that I know who Cavanaugh is.

(P.S.- He's awesome at Basketball too. He kills in those Celebrity NBA games)

Apr 9, 2008, 1:00:00 PM  

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz :-)

Anonymous said...
Apr 9, 2008, 1:26:00 PM  

And he's also Canadian, so I think hockey is part of his DNA. Unlike the casual fan from L.A.

Anonymous said...
Apr 9, 2008, 2:21:00 PM  

I would rather watch a XXX version of the WNBA Draft than read her hockey thoughts.

GMoney said...
Apr 9, 2008, 3:58:00 PM  

as a huge LA kings fan... please don't judge us by a girl who is famous for being on MTV.

and anyone who casually switches from the kings to the ducks loses their right to talk about hockey. just my opinion.

Anonymous said...
Apr 9, 2008, 6:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment