ESPN Employs MC Hammer For Their Monday Night Football Ad Campaign

Friday, August 15, 2008


You may remember over the last few years that ESPN had started to use a new tagline for it's MNF commercials leading up to the games. The "Is It Monday Yet?" ads started popping up more frequently and for some reason, I've always seemed to enjoy them (especially the humming one). Well this year they've brought them back, but with 100% more 90s.

I'm combining two ads into one video here but the first one is all you need to worry about. It makes zero sense, but it includes a dream sequence starring THE Stanley Kirk Burrell, or as you know him....MC Hammer....



I've watched that clip about ten times now, and I still have no idea what it's about. But I think the lesson that we have learned though, is that anytime you use MC Hammer and a keytar in the same commercial....it's going to be a winner.

(P.S.- Here's a challenge.....Sing this five times, "We've got to pray. Praaaaaay. Pray....Praaaaay. We've got to pray just to make it today," and have it not be stuck in your head the rest of the day. Good luck.)

6 Comments:

Working hard, makin those movies everyday....
And on my knees every night you know I pray!

Brad said...
Aug 15, 2008, 8:45:00 AM  

I can't believe that he becamse so broke that he had to sell his mansion to Homer.

I actually had that song he did for The Addams Family movie stuck in my head this week.

GMoney said...
Aug 15, 2008, 10:46:00 AM  

Actually headline should read:

ESPN Employs MC Hammer for its Monday Night Football Ad Campaign

its goes correctly with the singular ESPN

Anonymous said...
Aug 15, 2008, 12:10:00 PM  

Any correction post here should get "disemvoweled".

/Ddspn

Anonymous said...
Aug 15, 2008, 12:20:00 PM  

I hate commercials, and get this Raider spammer outta here.

Jay said...
Aug 15, 2008, 2:28:00 PM  

MC Hammer is such a fag...I'm not surprised they didn't squeeze Stuart Scott into the commercial.

Anonymous said...
Aug 16, 2008, 3:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment