Video: Obama's Sit-Down With Stuart Scott

Monday, August 25, 2008


When I blockquoted those few quotes that ESPN released, I didn't realize that I was highlighting the entire interview, but it appears that's exactly what happened. If you read the post below this then there's probably no reason to watch this outside of some some one-on-one footage of Stu and Barack playing old man style!



I'm one of those people that like my Sports and Politics separate, but couldn't ESPN have assigned someone to this that might have asked a hard-hitting question or something about the Presidential Race? I mean he IS a Presidential Candidate, not Jim Belushi or Drew Caray. It's also very odd that ESPN screwed Bill Simmons once again, who had an interview with Obama lined up for his podcast that was nixed at the last minute.

Other than that, they both have pretty good game and I found it funny that Stu Scott was taking it that seriously. The dude had the money Rec Specs on! I know you're rumored to be supporting John McCain, Stu, but there are a few people in this country that would rather you not break Obama's sternum backing him into the lane.

Oh and one more thing. That John McCain interview I said would probably be coming soon, is definitely in the works.

ESPN's Stuart Scott Misses Opportunities as He Interviews Barack Obama (Fanhouse)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 9:08 PM

12 Comments:

Simmons is still on "vacation" though.

twoeightnine said...
Aug 25, 2008, 9:29:00 PM  

Does Barack know Walter Payton is dead? I guess picking a dead VP would one-up Bush, who just picked an almost-dead one.

Unknown said...
Aug 25, 2008, 9:37:00 PM  

Don't question Jesus.

I like how his answer sort of led the viewer to believe that he would be picking a VP who would be like Jordan, that is, who runs the whole show, that is JUST LIKE DICK FREAKIN CHAINEYY!!!!

Barry has some unresolved issues, I think. he says some strange truthful shit sometimes...like he's a half-black GW Bush. Prolly not the best quality in a President.

E Buzz said...
Aug 25, 2008, 10:24:00 PM  

Can I quote you on the "half-black GW Bush"... I think that's an AWESOME comp... It'd make my Obama-ite friends extra pissy.

But, I didn't drink the Kool-aid.

Rob in WI.

Anonymous said...
Aug 25, 2008, 10:42:00 PM  

I bet you they only played to two points.

And yeah, I remember better interviews 4 years ago with Bush and Kerry. Think it was Jeremy Schapp.

Matt said...
Aug 25, 2008, 11:45:00 PM  

I wonder if Obama was weirded out by Stu's lazy eye.

Anonymous said...
Aug 26, 2008, 2:09:00 AM  

I really hope this drives Simmons over the edge and he takes a permanent vacation from ESPN, goes freelance where he can actually criticize them and be funny again.

Anonymous said...
Aug 26, 2008, 8:17:00 AM  

It would be great if Stu only wore the Horace Grant's over his one busted up eye.

You may use my creation of the Half-Black GWB, I won't charge ya a cent!

I was talking to a hippie chick I know and she asked me if I would vote for Barry, I said no way. She said "Oh, because he's BLACK RIGHT???"

I said, "No, because he is a leftist wacko."

Her eyes bugged out like Arnold's in Total Recall when he got thrown out into the Mars atmosphere, then she got up and stormed away.

LOL

E Buzz said...
Aug 26, 2008, 9:27:00 AM  

I love you anti-Obama people--you're obviously so much more masculine and patriotic than us male Obama supporters. After all, you probably were really good at your sport in high school. Now, if voting for a guy after he starts a war against the wrong country isn't "drinking the Kool-Aid," then I don't know what is. But you're not being a neoconservative wacko, buddy, you just don't like unnecessary government intrusion because of your "libertarian streak" you developed while studying business in college.
--Eric

Anonymous said...
Aug 26, 2008, 11:10:00 AM  

Here we go again.

Aug 26, 2008, 11:20:00 AM  

As the Great Sergeant Hulka once said: "Take a powder, Eric". Again, maybe it's just that the Government intrusion you hate may be great compared to the Government intrusion" BO might bring in terms of getting back to our government's old ways of giving everything to its people, whether they deserve it whether or not the gov't can pay for it. Bush is a comlete idiot, but people love obama because he's the "other guy" and have NO IDEA what he stands for in terms of policy.

AA: Sorry, I couldn't help myself
Jim - Fort lauderdale

Anonymous said...
Aug 26, 2008, 12:46:00 PM  

In terms of Stu Scott, I would've loved to have seen him in the Rip Hamilton mask. Stu could be like an anchorman superhero ("Stuperman")

http://www.halfcourt.info/A55B25/HalfCourt.nsf/Rip_Hamilton_01.jpg

Jim - Fort lauderdale

Anonymous said...
Aug 26, 2008, 12:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment