Deion Sanders' Extremely Awkward Appearance On Mike And Mike

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I first saw this at PFT, but I couple emailed me about it, so I thought I'd make a spot for it. Deion Sanders was on Mike and Mike yesterday to promote some Madden event when Greenberg asked him for his opinion on the whole Brett Favre situation. Listen as Deion emphatically states that he can't talk about Favre at all and then tries to plow ahead with the event he's trying to promote....



"I can't get into that guys. I promise you I can't get into the Brett Favre thing, I really can't....You know contractually where I am with the NFL Network, man. So you know how that is."- Deion Sanders

How odd was that? PFT seems it has something to do with the NFL Network putting a halt on Deion's column in the News-Press last year, but I'm thinking it has to be something different. Either Deion really thought that his commentary is solely reserved for the NFL Network, was just being lazy, thought he was only going to talk about his promotion or all of the above. Either way, it was seriously awkward kind of a d**k move.

On a site note, good job by Greenberg in calling him out. The "isn't he on the cover of the game?" line was golden. I really wish he would have hung up on him, but he handled it well.

Awkward Moment On Mike And Mike (Pro Football Talk)

11 Comments:

Don't they do a pre-interview with these douchebags?

Unknown said...
Aug 12, 2008, 10:41:00 AM  

Maybe Deion is just stupid?

GMoney said...
Aug 12, 2008, 10:42:00 AM  

youd think before hand sanders would go o yea im not allowed to talk about favre considering hes on espn so obviously favres gonna come up

Anonymous said...
Aug 12, 2008, 11:03:00 AM  

Well, Deion knows a thing or two about promoting himself, gotta give the dude credit on that.

Guess he can only talk NFL on the NFL network.

That would be like Pat Robertson going on CNN and not being able to talk about God because he was under contract to the 700 Club.

E Buzz said...
Aug 12, 2008, 11:04:00 AM  

i watched it live. didn't shock me at all. deion has always been a selfish s.o.b.. guests on the show are supposed to have a give/take relationship. give your opinion and insight to entertain viewers and in return, you can plug and discuss what it is you're promoting. deion lacks this common sense, though.

you should add a chris carter video, too. he was on the show later and took a shot at deion. they were discussing football, of course, and carter mocked deion saying, "i can't talk about football. i'll violate my contract." it was hilarious.

Anonymous said...
Aug 12, 2008, 11:12:00 AM  

Absolutely should have hung up on him immediately and cut his losses. I would have had much more respect for M&M.

Anonymous said...
Aug 12, 2008, 12:25:00 PM  

Deion discussed the Favre scenario with the First Take show with Dana Jacobsen. And he discussed football. He just chose not to with Mike and Mike. So what? Mike and Mike are garbage anyway.

madnice said...
Aug 12, 2008, 1:45:00 PM  

"Listen, Rome. I'm not talking about basketball. I came on your show to talk about my Kidney Foundation. That's it."

/Alonzo Mourning

Anonymous said...
Aug 12, 2008, 1:52:00 PM  

Mike and Mike are terrible. Just awful.

Anonymous said...
Aug 12, 2008, 4:28:00 PM  

I think Mike and Mike are garbage also, but that's not the point. Sanders is a guest on their show to hype some dumb product and of course is all about himself. And guess what? Since M&M showed they had no balls he'll do it again. They should have just hung up on him and been done with it.

Zabka said...
Aug 13, 2008, 12:24:00 AM  

My vote: dick move.

Anonymous said...
Aug 13, 2008, 3:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment