Phelps Does It (With A Little Help From His Friends)

Saturday, August 16, 2008

I think Michael Phelps owes Jason Lezak his career after the relay performances he put in for Team USA. Just an amazing performance by all four members of the team and with it, Michael Phelps sets the record for most gold medals in one Olympics with a grand total of eight. Let's relive the moment....



I really tried to hate Swimming about halfway through all of the events. People were setting records almost every single race and the events just seemed to drag on. But in the end, when you have competitors finishing within one one hundredth of each other, and a record that seemed impossible to match and surpass, it was just an awesome week or so for the Sport and the Olympics.

I'm happy to have witnessed history and the way the history went down is truly amazing. More videos to come.

(+1,000 to NBC for using the band Muse during the intro. I was ready to punch a wall when "Assassins" "Knights....." came on.)

8 Comments:

Phelps was impressive, but did you see Bolt's 100m run? I thought he was going to just go ahead and finish the race running backwards.

Anonymous said...
Aug 17, 2008, 12:41:00 AM  

Muse >>> You

That is all.

Unknown said...
Aug 17, 2008, 12:54:00 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
MDT said...
Aug 17, 2008, 1:03:00 AM  

Song was "Knights of Cydonia", actually, I think... unless they played Assassin before that while I wasn't playing attention. If so then their sound guy gets my daily +1

MDT said...
Aug 17, 2008, 1:06:00 AM  

Let me give ESPN a little credit for putting their best .com writer on the case of summing up Michael Phelps' greatness in a nutshell.
>>>Updated: August 15, 2008<<<
And she was on the "Mitch Albom deadline" as well.

Anonymous said...
Aug 17, 2008, 2:46:00 AM  

You're probably already aware of this AA, but the Phelps-Cavic race has been taken down by NBC.

As far as Phelps goes, all I can say is wow. It's not everyday that you witness history like that.

Anonymous said...
Aug 17, 2008, 10:11:00 AM  

He gets by with a little help from his friends,
Gets DUI's with a little help from his friends...

But really, that was awesome to watch last night. I was a a large gathering of friends and the place went nuts.

I tip my cap to the NBC announcers during all the swimming events. I thought they did a great job with them and it was cool the way there was unbridled excitement every race. [Take notes Joe Buck.]

Anonymous said...
Aug 17, 2008, 2:09:00 PM  

Muse...yes

Anonymous said...
Aug 17, 2008, 8:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment