Craig Sager Is A Big Fan Of Thongs And Hooters Restaurants

Monday, August 11, 2008

How about that for a headline? I'm not sure if Craig Sager knew he didn't know he was doing an interview, or he just didn't care, but DC Sports Bog has some hilarious quotes from the TNT and Olympic sideline reporter....

And what about wearing the outfit? Does it, like, offend your sensibilities?

Oh my God! It's terrible! I've got to wear this little vest bib! I'm getting a lot of grief from the NBA players. You know, 'Where's your sport coat, where's your tie?'

Yeah, do you feel naked or something?

I mean, it's comfortable, but I wish I could liven it up a little bit.

There's no way to accent it at all?

The only thing I can do is have this [belt] and have a matching thong. That's about the only thing I can do.

This is the greatest interview, by a longshot, that I've done since I've been in Beijing. Is it hard for you to get as pumped as you would at an NBA game? Because you know, for a lot of [the preceding game] it was pretty quiet out there.

I'm just so used to NBA games where I go anywhere I want. You know, I go in the huddles, I interview the coaches. Here, I'm stuck in that pigpen, so I can't get out, and then I've got to wear this [expletive].

Awesome. So you don't care if I say that you have a blonde fetish?

Oh no. Everybody knows that. EVERYBODY knows that. Bud Light and blondes. So there's a Hooters here, I went to Hooters the other day in Beijing. I've been to probably 250 Hooters across the country and world. It's the only Hooters I've ever been to that didn't have any Bud Light or blondes. I was very disappointed.
The whole interview is just full of tidbits like those above and certainly worth a read. Sager also talks about dance teams, his wife being twenty one years his younger and his Olympic wardrobe. Simply epic and you have to wonder if Craigers had one too many Sakes at lunchtime.

Bud Lights and Blondes: Five Minutes With Craig Sager (DC Sports Bog)

6 Comments:

I now know more about Craig Sager than I ever hoped to know.

Anonymous said...
Aug 11, 2008, 3:21:00 PM  

Between this read and Steinberg's strange and horny awkwardness around EA, Sager and Dan should have their own reality show.

GMoney said...
Aug 11, 2008, 4:07:00 PM  

I was at a Texas Rangers game about four years ago in May, sitting about 10 rows up from the third base dugout, when about the third inning, Sager and some attractive blonde (fakies included - guess that was his wife) came rolling up and sat in the row in front of me. He was in town for a Mavs playoff game the next night.

He had plenty of beers during the course of the night. I was never a big Sager fan and still think his jacket/tie combos are ridiculous, but he was a good fella that night. Very down-to-earth and good natured. People were giving him crap from different sections and he handled it really well.

Anonymous said...
Aug 11, 2008, 4:59:00 PM  

Craig Sager is my hero.

Tom Vasich said...
Aug 11, 2008, 5:15:00 PM  

he probably likes platinum blondes, not real blondes.

Corey said...
Aug 11, 2008, 9:01:00 PM  

Sager is a good guy. We live in the same neighborhood in ATL and he seems really down to earth when I see him on the golf course or at the bar after a round of golf or at the pool. Though is wife is pretty hot she seems a lot like him in a down to earth - we don't take ourselves too seriously manner. Also, she is not had nearly as much plastic surgery as some of the other shoe show wannabes at our pool.

Anonymous said...
Aug 12, 2008, 11:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment