Tuesday, September 04, 2007
As you can tell I'm a big fan of ranking things, and since the Pam Ward Chronicles were such a roaring success this past weekend I thought we could take a look at the best of the worst from the first week of college football. Were going to copy another great site's idea (this time EDSBS' Fulmer Cup Rankings) and award points for the comments each week. At the end of the season I'll come up with a pretty logo and hand out the first annual Pammy (kinda like a Grammy, but with more Pam and hopefully very phallic like the golf trophy to the left). Sounds like fun right? Right!
A special thanks goes out to commenter Steve who kept up with me comment for comment, and everyone else who emailed stuff in. Also to everyone who wanted clarification....I am a Michigan fan....I still will be after this.....and I'm only slightly surprised that this happened. They play down to lesser competition every single year (Vandy 2006, Ball State 2006, No.Ill 2005, etc.). This could quite possibly be the best thing to happen to them. They weren't winning the title this year, and Lloyd Carr is the worst play caller in the history of the sport. Time to make a change.
Anywho...enough of that. There's a ton of other reasons for me to keep watching College Football this year. Let's look at ten of them....
10. "Ohio State has to replace a High School trophy winning quarterback in Troy Smith"- Gerry DiNardo (Via Matt)
9. "When you play Virginia Tech you cant put your quarterback in the same spot every play". – Todd Blackledge (Via Steve)
8. "That by the deepest penetration"- PAM WARD! (Via Critical Fanatic)
7. "Frank Beamer's interior threesome"- Mike Tirico
6. "I drank the Kool Aid last year and picked Notre Dame."- Doug Flutie
"I think you drank more than the Kool Aid."- Craig James (a half a point for each)
5. "It's like trying to hunt a bear with a stick!"- Tim Brandt (Via Sheep's Line)
4. "2 Saplings and 1 Mature Tree...3 for 1 is a very good deal if your a tree hugger" - Brent Mustberger (Via Anon)
3. "Get ready for a show about 3 guys not trying to reinvent the wheel because they've already invented it. Caveman about my family....Caveman watch it....funny!"- Paul Maguire
2. "That's absolutely stuffing the box"- Pat Hayden talking about the Notre Dame D
1. "It's good that [Bret Bielema] is young. It's good that he's single. He's one of the guys." - Bob Griese (Via Signal to Noise)
Bravo Bob Griese! You are currently in the lead, and thanks to S2N for catching that one. Good times. I hope you enjoyed Week One and I'll see you Saturday for our second installment.