Monday, September 17, 2007
Here is the weekly trip back to Saturday's Best of the Worst in College Football. If it's your first time being introduced to the Pammies feel free to head back to Week One for the rundown, and if you missed Week 2 you can view them here.
10. Doug Flutie: "Florida, they really took it to them...I can't remember who they are right now..."
John Saunders: "Tennessee."
Doug Flutie: "Right." (laughs)
(Via Signal to Noise)
9. "Pitt doesn't have a lot of depth (on the d-line). they've been sending guys in and out all game."- Andre Ware
8. "You can't punt in this game. The first team to punt will lose the game."- Jim Donnan (Via Bruce)
7. "If you're trying to run it without running inside, it's like having nip/tuck surgery without anesthetic."- Gary Danielson
(Via Signal to Noise)
6. "That's where you say wolfang the invisible dog got you over there on the hashmark."- Brad Nessler
5. (After a Dancing With The Stars Promo)
"You really thought Griese was going to get invited?" - Paul Maguire
"Yeah." - Brad Nessler
"He has a hard time walking. Let alone dance." - Paul Maguire
"Well, Emmitt won it a few years ago." - Brad Nessler
"Yes. Emmitt won it. And then . . . Yoko Ono won it last year or whatever the ice skater was named." - Bob Griese
(Via The Unreliable Narrator)"
4. “Boston College wins this one with a National Football League balanced attack that will hurt the Te, Texas, Tenness……excuse me, the Tech Blitz.”- Lee Corso
3. "The only way for Minnesota to win this game today is for their offense to match Florida Atlantic's offense touchdown for touchdown"- Gerry Dinardo (Via Matt)
2. "Florida HAS to win this game if they're going to run the table."- Gary Danielson
1. "Well I know Lynn is probably watching happily at home, ready to drop twins any day now."- Chris Spielman
So I basically botched that entire CBS post last week, and I'm okay with admitting it. Gary Danielson had about 14 mistakes and I don't think he can go a game without mentioning he played Quarterback in the NFL. I was wrong, and (Don Imus Voice) I'm sorry I did that....I did a bad thing. Danielson bumped himself all the way up to 4th after just one game. Look out Chris Spielman!
Here are the standings after two weeks........
1. Chris Spielman (23)
2. Brad Nessler (17)
3. Bob Griese (16)
4. Gary Danielson (13)
5. Pat Hayden (9)
6. Paul Maguire, Mike Patrick, and Gerry Dinardo (8)
9. Mark Jones, Brent Musburger, Lee Corso (7)
Others Receiving Votes: Tim Brandt (6), John Saunders (6), Ray Bentley (5), Mike Tirico (4), Desmond Howard (3), Jim Donnan (3), Doug Flutie (3.5), Pam Ward (3), Craig James (2.5), Todd Blackledge (2), Andre Ware (2), Gerry Dinardo (1), Dave Pasch (1)