The Pammy Awards Week Two

Monday, September 10, 2007

I probably should have got these up yesterday at some point, but alas...it was the first Sunday of Football. So here is the weekly trip back to Saturday's Best of the Worst in College Football. If it's your first time being introduced to the Pammies feel free to head back to Week One for the rundown.

(Also, someone emailed me saying that there are just too many college announcers and that it would be watered down. Trust me....the same people say dumb stuff EVERY single week.)

10. "Andre, we talked about the hardware, which is the physical, and the software, which is the mental aspect of the game."- Dave Pasch (Via Signal to Noise)

9. "The office package would shrink tremendously".
"We've got a small package just for him".
- Brad Nessler

8. "The Defense has been getting a lot of credibility, a lot of publicity I mean...more airplay than the Mary J. Blige song this week."- Desmond Howard

7. "Both teams pride themselves on being intelligent football players.”- Chris Spielman

6. "If you don't get moist watching it, well, I don't know what to tell you. It's a moving film."- Ray Bentley (Via Signal to Noise)

5. "...having a lot of distractions, then having to go into LSU for a game, that's just deadly."- John Saunders (Via Anon)

4. "As the kids say in pop culture, Moreno is NOW. He's now." - Mark Jones (Via Dirk Diggler)

3. "Tomatoes weren't around when Paterno started here."- Mike Patrick (Via Signal to Noise)

2. "If his shoulders are pointed at a 45 then it’s a pass."- Chris Spielman
"You’re telling me you played in the NFL and you ran angles?"- Craig James
"You were a junior before you knew what a 45 degree angle was."- Sean McDonough

(Giving this point to Chris Spielman for getting burned by both Craig and Sean)

1. "Which one would you be Paul?"- Brad Nessler
"I'd be the Money"- Paul Maguire
"I guess that makes Griese the sexy and me the dirty"- Brad Nessler (Via Matt)
____________________________

Here are the standings after two weeks........

1. Chris Spielman (13)
2. Brad Nessler (12)
3. Bob Griese (10)
4. Pat Hayden (9)
5. Paul Maguire and Mike Patrick (8)
7. Mark Jones and Brent Musburger (7)
9. Tim Brandt and John Saunders (6)

Others Receiving Votes: Ray Bentley (5), Mike Tirico (4), Desmond Howard (3), Pam Ward (3), Doug Flutie (2.5), Craig James (2.5), Todd Blackledge (2), Gerry Dinardo (1), Dave Pasch (1)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 10:22 AM

11 Comments:

I almost spit out my coffee when I saw "Probably should have gotten this up..." being used in association with the Pammy's.

I dont think Pammy has that problem.

Steve M said...
Sep 10, 2007, 11:24:00 AM  

Hahaha....great call Steve. You can add me to the "Also Receiving Votes" section!

Sep 10, 2007, 11:25:00 AM  

Wait until college basketball rolls around for Mr. Nessler.

The Dickie V factor would surely slay him.

Jarrett said...
Sep 10, 2007, 11:46:00 AM  

How about Pam Ward calling Pat McAfee (the kicker for WVU) Ken Mcafee for the entire game. Not that hard to read a program and at least get the players name right once during the game.

Anonymous said...
Sep 10, 2007, 12:22:00 PM  

I wasn't around this weekend, so I don't know if this was covered. But is Brent Musberger the only human being left on Earth who uses the word "rascal?"

He deserves his own special category for this.

Anonymous said...
Sep 10, 2007, 12:22:00 PM  

Here's a good one from ESPN's Ron Franklin: "The penalty's either on the offense or the defense."

Howard Burns said...
Sep 10, 2007, 2:05:00 PM  

Just wanted to point out thats not exactly what Ray Bentley said..He said" if your EYES dont get moist"..I heard that and then rewound the tivo and he did say eyes which makes it not as funny..My favorite was Kirk Herbstreit- LSU is proving they have the best defense in the country and the best team" Brent- So you're ranking them above USC? Kirk- No.

OK then..

Anonymous said...
Sep 10, 2007, 2:41:00 PM  

Bob "The Sexy" Griese??? Cringe.

GMoney said...
Sep 10, 2007, 3:21:00 PM  

How about this one?

Pam Ward is the absolute, WORST announcer in sports right now. She is biased, she screws up more than the people she's making fun of and calling out, (who's only real mistakes are a slip of the tongue or putting the word in the wrong place). She doesn't study at all for any game she is covering, she doesn't know jack squat about football, and she should be fired! Do yourself and all of us a favor and either quit your profession and try something else, or get a job doing ice skating so I don't have to listen to you act like a huge beligerent idiot whenever I want to watch my favorite team play.

Anonymous said...
Sep 21, 2007, 11:30:00 PM  

Actually, that quick Sean McDonough shot at Spielman was pretty clever.

I think you're far too hard on some of these guys. Some of them clearly have a sense of humor, and then you take a shot at them for saying something you perceive to be dumb or in bad taste. I love bad taste. Hell, even that McDonough quote about temporary paralysis was pretty funny. I'm sure he heard about it later, and it wasn't the best of timing, but who gives a damn? I thought it was funny.

Anonymous said...
Oct 10, 2007, 2:16:00 PM  

Actually, that quick Sean McDonough shot at Spielman was pretty clever.

I think you're far too hard on some of these guys. Some of them clearly have a sense of humor, and then you take a shot at them for saying something you perceive to be dumb or in bad taste. I love bad taste. Hell, even that McDonough quote about temporary paralysis was pretty funny. I'm sure he heard about it later, and it wasn't the best of timing, but who gives a damn? I thought it was funny.

Anonymous said...
Oct 10, 2007, 2:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment