Monday, September 10, 2007
I probably should have got these up yesterday at some point, but alas...it was the first Sunday of Football. So here is the weekly trip back to Saturday's Best of the Worst in College Football. If it's your first time being introduced to the Pammies feel free to head back to Week One for the rundown.
(Also, someone emailed me saying that there are just too many college announcers and that it would be watered down. Trust me....the same people say dumb stuff EVERY single week.)
10. "Andre, we talked about the hardware, which is the physical, and the software, which is the mental aspect of the game."- Dave Pasch (Via Signal to Noise)
9. "The office package would shrink tremendously".
"We've got a small package just for him".
- Brad Nessler
8. "The Defense has been getting a lot of credibility, a lot of publicity I mean...more airplay than the Mary J. Blige song this week."- Desmond Howard
7. "Both teams pride themselves on being intelligent football players.”- Chris Spielman
6. "If you don't get moist watching it, well, I don't know what to tell you. It's a moving film."- Ray Bentley (Via Signal to Noise)
5. "...having a lot of distractions, then having to go into LSU for a game, that's just deadly."- John Saunders (Via Anon)
4. "As the kids say in pop culture, Moreno is NOW. He's now." - Mark Jones (Via Dirk Diggler)
3. "Tomatoes weren't around when Paterno started here."- Mike Patrick (Via Signal to Noise)
2. "If his shoulders are pointed at a 45 then it’s a pass."- Chris Spielman
"You’re telling me you played in the NFL and you ran angles?"- Craig James
"You were a junior before you knew what a 45 degree angle was."- Sean McDonough
(Giving this point to Chris Spielman for getting burned by both Craig and Sean)
1. "Which one would you be Paul?"- Brad Nessler
"I'd be the Money"- Paul Maguire
"I guess that makes Griese the sexy and me the dirty"- Brad Nessler (Via Matt)
Here are the standings after two weeks........
1. Chris Spielman (13)
2. Brad Nessler (12)
3. Bob Griese (10)
4. Pat Hayden (9)
5. Paul Maguire and Mike Patrick (8)
7. Mark Jones and Brent Musburger (7)
9. Tim Brandt and John Saunders (6)
Others Receiving Votes: Ray Bentley (5), Mike Tirico (4), Desmond Howard (3), Pam Ward (3), Doug Flutie (2.5), Craig James (2.5), Todd Blackledge (2), Gerry Dinardo (1), Dave Pasch (1)