Either Joel Zumaya Is Magical, Or The Detroit News Features Poor Sentence Structure

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Posted by OMDQ

The Big Lead posted an item this morning about Detroit News columnist Chris McCoskey, who delivered an anti-blog rant on the newspaper's web site earlier today.

I don't have a fancy journalism degree to my credit, but as someone with a reasonably good grasp on the English language, I feel qualified to offer Chris some advice: if you're going to say this - "Journalism employs trained professionals. We actually have to go to school for this stuff. We take our jobs seriously." - try to get with the web design people and make sure this doesn't happen on the very same page:*


I don't care how silly some bloggers are getting over Zumaya's most recent injury - none have gone so far as to suggest that he messed up his shoulder while floating on the Internet. That's just craziness, Detroit News. Craziness.

That said - Joel Zumaya: if you do indeed know how to "float on the Internet" - whatever that may entail - you are obligated to impart your wisdom on the world.

*Yeah, this sentence featured a pretty blatant misuse of colons** and dashes. I did it to piss off Chris McCoskey.

**Typing "a pretty blatant misuse of colons" made me giggle.

6 Comments:

"blatant misuse of colons"

There's an expression I hope to never see again.

Nov 3, 2007, 7:55:00 PM  

"floating on the internet" = "surfing the internet". He obviously injured his shoulder by over-zealously jerking off.

Anonymous said...
Nov 3, 2007, 9:42:00 PM  

Wasnt it Carlos Zambrano who contributed one of his injuries to internet usage lol.

Steve M said...
Nov 3, 2007, 9:51:00 PM  

"blatant misuse of colons"

Ugh.. that reminds me; I have an appointment with my gastroenterologist on Monday.

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 1:07:00 AM  

Float on the net, sting like a blog.

Brian Bremer said...
Nov 5, 2007, 2:18:00 AM  

Well being from the Detroit area I know of this man Mccosky. I normally respect what he says. But he is off base with these comments. I mean you can go to school for 100 years learning all there is to learn about hyperbole and double entendres and still be a moron.

Oh and just for your info (in case you didn't know) Zumaya hurt his shoulder when a box fell on it while he was moving stuff during the fires that happened in California. It was a freak accident. He was trying to do good thing and it's very possible that his career is over. Or severely hampered at least.

Anonymous said...
Nov 5, 2007, 10:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment