Wednesday, April 11, 2007
A lot of great things have happened at, or because of this site for me...Live-Blogs, Radio Interviews, Television, Print Media...but I'm pretty sure this will be the early leader in the clubhouse.
I introduce to you The Complete Sports Blogger's NFL Mock Draft Version 1.0!
(Here is a portion of the email I sent out to over 50 bloggers last night at around 10 pm.)
Well to my surprise just about everyone got involved, and within a matter of minutes. Here's how it's going to go down.......
Before the draft......Preparation and analysis will be key. Every single blog has the opportunity to trade their pick to another GM (Blog) if they so choose. For example....The Big Lead could trade the Falcons to me for the Patriots second pick in the first for.....well, basically anything. It could be a week's worth of posts.....a link on the site.....an add in a site's blogroll.....a free t-shirt.....you get the idea.
On Draft day......At an undisclosed location in downtown New York City (Email) each Sports Aficionado will step to the podium (hit reply in said email) and make their selection. Every single GM will be able to respond/heckle said pick (reply all button), and hilarity will ensue. Pretty simple right?
The audience (you the commenter) will then have an opportunity on Monday April 23rd and Tuesday April 24th to tell them why they were right or wrong. There will be 16 picks each day, and they will go up every 15 minutes starting at 12 noon.
For those of you not involved I'm sorry I couldn't get word to you. But there's still an opportunity for you! I'd like to have a whole new set of 32 Blogs do the 2nd round. Overkill? Probably, but who cares right??? It will be fun.....trust me. If you are interested email me at AwfulAnnouncing@gmail.com with 2nd Mock Draft as the subject because I get thousands of emails a day (actually because I'm lazy and Gmail search is very conducive to said laziness).
I hope you enjoy, and thanks to the jaw-dropping list below for your involvement.
1. Oakland Raiders- Dan Shanoff
2. Detroit Lions- The Wayne Fontes Experience
3. Cleveland Browns- A Price Above Bip Roberts
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Leave the Man Alone
5. Arizona Cardinals- Will Leitch- Deadspin
6. Washington Redskins- Unsilent Majority from KSK
7. Minnesota Vikings- Our Book of Scrap
8. Atlanta Falcons (from Houston)- The Big Lead
9. Miami Dolphins- Just Call Me Juice
10. Houston Texans (from Atlanta)- Seal Clubbers
11. San Francisco 49ers- The Fans Attic
12. Buffalo Bills- Shot To Nothing
13. St. Louis Rams- J-Money from Ladies...
14. Carolina Panthers- Digital Headbutt
15. Pittsburgh Steelers- The Starter Wife from Ladies...
16. Green Bay Packers- Texas Gal from Ladies...
17. Jacksonville Jaguars- Sports Show On Mute
18. Cincinnati Bengals- Larry Brown Sports
19. Tennessee Titans- Chip Ramsey
20. New York Giants- Yelling Louder
21. Denver Broncos- Signal to Noise
22. Dallas Cowboys- WBRS Sports Blog
23. Kansas City Chiefs- Extrapolater
24. New England Patriots (from Seattle)- One More Dying Quail
25. New York Jets- Metschick from Ladies...
26. Philadelphia Eagles- Run Up The Score
27. New Orleans Saints- Babes Love Baseball
28. New England Patriots- AA
Traded to MMP 4/11/2007 at 3:00pm EST.
29. Baltimore Ravens- East Coast Bias
30. San Diego Chargers- The Hater Nation
31. Chicago Bears- Lion In Oil
32. Indianapolis Colts- Holly from Ladies...
And just for your inspiration as commenters.....this is the level we're going to need you at.......
UPDATE #1: I've traded my 1st Round pick (New England at #28) to Monday Morning Punter at KSK for a Christian Okoye Rookie Card and "Services" to be rendered.