The NFL Schedules Come Out Today (Every Analyst Comes Out Of His/Her Respective Cave)

Wednesday, April 11, 2007



So the NFL Network is unveiling the NFL Regular Season Schedule today in a 60 minute special (1pm...and I wish I wasn't at work). Since they have the exclusive rights ESPN will have to employ their "CBS has the NCAA Tournament Brackets, so we will just copy them 10 minutes after they put them up and add an extra hour to the program" strategy (1-3pm).

This has become like a National Holiday for me along the lines of Opening Day, March Madness, Madden Day, and Daytona 500 Qualifying (One of those isn't true...I'll let you guess). I think like everyone I take my team (Skins), and "realistically" figure out the nine wins that will get them to the playoffs. Last year it was Vikings, Texans, Jags, Titans, Bucs, Cowboys, Falcons, Eagles, and Rams.....you think that would have been easy right??? You don't even have to beat the Giants (Sorry still bitter)!!!

We also get to enjoy this time as John Clayton comes out of his cocoon and Sean Salisbury puts his cellphone down for a few minutes.

Those Scheduled to appear today:


The NFL Network: Smugness himself...Rich Eisen, Best Friend of Tom Izzo....Steve Mariucci, Playoffs?!?!?!....Jim Mora, Lavar Arrington ruined my career.....Troy Aikman, and I'm on 40 different NFL shows.....Chris Collinsworth.

ESPN: Doug Gottlieb can shut the "F" up.....Trey Wingo, Joe Theismann hates my guts....Ron Jaworski, I wish people respected me like Ron Jaworski....Chris Mortensen, I have no idea what I'm ever talking about.....Mark Schlereth, I could kick AA's ass, so he won't be saying anything funny about me.....Darren Woodson, I hate Gay people openly.....Tony Dungy, and.........

I've been shot in the ass, punched Willie Green pregrame, called out the President, has dogs that kill horses, called KWII a faggot, and got into a fight with Levi Jones in vegas.........

JOEY PORTER!!!!!


Get near a TV for this one. It's also on NFL.com if you've got the time at work (And yes that is a photo of NFL contacts that you can purchase and wear. What is this world coming to?).

This topic also leads perfectly into the next post......Have you ever wondered what happened when 32 different Bloggers attempt a Mock Draft???? Well you're gonna find out.

NFL Network to Unveil 2007 Schedule (NFL.com)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 10:34 AM

10 Comments:

AA, as a die-hard Skins fan, I see ten wins on this schedule. If they can just split in the division, Gibbs can get 7 wins out of NE, Buffalo, Miami, Jets, Bucs, Cards, Lions, Packers, Bears, and Vikes.

Super Bowl, bitch!!!

GMoney said...
Apr 11, 2007, 1:49:00 PM  

The Broncos get three Monday nighters and a Thursday?

What the hell?

Signal to Noise said...
Apr 11, 2007, 2:06:00 PM  

colts schedule is decent, though we gotta go to sd.

Anonymous said...
Apr 11, 2007, 2:15:00 PM  

This is the most depressing national holiday. It just reminds me that we've still got five months til Opening Day.

J-Red said...
Apr 11, 2007, 2:27:00 PM  

And Skins' fans: Don't you think the nutjob Bills', Dolphins', Jets', Bucs', Cards', Lions', Packers', Bears', Patriots' and Vikes' fans are all sitting around thinking "Oh good, the Skins. That's a W!".

J-Red said...
Apr 11, 2007, 2:29:00 PM  

I wish College Football had a day like this. It would give whatever community college K-State is playing this year far more exposure.

Adam said...
Apr 11, 2007, 2:32:00 PM  

Ahhh, Kupkake State!

This is one of those days that makes me ashamed that I'm such a football fan. It's so silly.

Eagles: 13-3. They won't lose until 11/25 at New England.

Spring is the time of delusion, MF'ers.

Scrappled said...
Apr 11, 2007, 2:42:00 PM  

S2N -- I like that the Eagles only have one MNF game. I hate that shit. We have three SNF games, though, which are much more palatable.

Scrappled said...
Apr 11, 2007, 2:43:00 PM  

My Seahawks got 1 monday nighter and 2 sunday nighters.

How did the 49ers get 4 primetime games?

TJX said...
Apr 11, 2007, 4:16:00 PM  

"I've been shot in the ass, punched Willie Green pregrame, called out the President, has dogs that kill horses, called KWII a faggot, and got into a fight with Levi Jones in vegas........."

haha hilarious. joey porter rules

tecmo said...
Apr 12, 2007, 11:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment