Dickie V Denied Yet Again

Tuesday, April 03, 2007


Yep. For the third year in a row Dick Vitale has been denied entrance into the Hall of Fame. Who got in you ask? Well a bunch of people I've never heard of, Roy Williams, Phil Jackson, and the Texas Western team that they made Glory Road about.

Here is the criteria again.....

To be elected a Finalist needs 18 of 24 votes from the Honors Committee for election into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. There are four Screening Committees: 1. North American; 2. Women; 3. Veterans (an individual whose career ended 35 years before his/her current consideration); and 4. International. These Committees will review and recommend individuals to be reviewed for Enshrinement by the Honors Committee. The North American Committee consists of nine members.
24 people??? How many hundreds vote for the Baseball Hall? Whether you agree or not with Vitale getting in it's pretty unfair that his fate lies in the hands of 24 people.

Here's Vitale's reaction.....
"I'm really disappointed, not so much for me, I've had a great life heading to the final chapter, but for my wife and two great daughters and grandkids and my co-workers," he said Monday, about an hour after the Hall of Fame's seven-member class for 2007 was announced and it did not include him. "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I've had a great, great life."
Hall of Fames are a joke at this point. Can we seriously come up with some better guidelines please? (Oh yeah....In other news....Florida won the National Championship)

















Vitale Skipped Over for the Third Time (Fox Sports)
Class of 2007 (Hoops Hall)
Dick Vitale Kept Out of Hall (Fanhouse)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 9:14 AM

4 Comments:

I forget the exact size, but I'm pretty sure the NFL hall of fame is selected by a small committee as well.

Adam said...
Apr 3, 2007, 12:17:00 PM  

Horrible. He should be in without a doubt. And let the man do some NCAA games....are you serious?

SAMO said...
Apr 3, 2007, 1:41:00 PM  

He sucks I hope he never gets in.

Apr 3, 2007, 9:39:00 PM  

No, Vitale has to be in. He's the gateway drug for thousands of hoop maniacs. My wife even started to take an interest.

Anonymous said...
Apr 4, 2007, 8:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment