OH MY GOD! That's Simmons' Music!!!

Monday, April 02, 2007


Bad News for Simmons Haters today. The most coveted writing Free Agent for this upcoming off season has been re-signed by The Yankees ESPN. The deal is rumored to be 4 years, so get ready for more basketball blog!

The best part of the deal....Simmons will also take part in developing shows for The WWL.

Not sure if they'll let him run wild, or direct him in certain directions, but there's promise there. The shows will either be awesome, or terribly terribly bad (which could be awesome too).

For those of you that have been reading AA for the better part of the site's existence know that I've taken Simmons to task before. I would never take anything back that I've said, but I think he's on the way to re-inventing himself.

I enjoy the Basketball Blog even though he doesn't know as much as some of the experts, and his foray into Announcing was a success. So much so that it makes this site that much more credible (Seriously....Analysts....Bill Simmons did your job without any formal training. Get in the f'ing game).

And this happened just in time for Baseball Season......YAY!

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 9:44 AM

9 Comments:

gay

Anonymous said...
Apr 2, 2007, 11:32:00 AM  

I actually Simmons but hate the Basketball Blog....I can't take him seriously after he called this year's the best tournament he has seen in years

Marco said...
Apr 2, 2007, 1:40:00 PM  

an interesting observation: his archives were noted as fully accessible in his last basketball blog. a nice change from the usual espn-insider wall that seems to control most site columnists.

perhaps this was one of his contract provisions; if so - kudddos to him.

jeff said...
Apr 2, 2007, 1:57:00 PM  

Simmons is usually fine by me, with notable exceptions -- I have to admit that I spent some time this weekend going through his glossary when I found the Insider wall on it got torn down.

But Marco's right, and despite the fact that he took it back after USC upset Texas, I still can't buy him for saying the Pac-10 wasn't a legit conference in basketball.

Signal to Noise said...
Apr 2, 2007, 1:59:00 PM  

Simmons on TV is gonna suck worse than his basketball analysis.

This will end badly....

Anonymous said...
Apr 2, 2007, 2:10:00 PM  

did they sign his wife too?

Anonymous said...
Apr 2, 2007, 2:48:00 PM  

Ha...great point, but I think the answer to that is yes. She has a column on ABC.com now I think.

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2007/03/sports-gal-to-recap-episodes-of-the-bachelor/

Apr 2, 2007, 2:54:00 PM  

If Simmons is just developing show ideas, I think it could be great. Nobody really needs to see him ON television, right? But if he gets them to produce some of the nutso ideas he's come up with, and we enjoy them, where's the harm?

Eric (Extra P.) said...
Apr 2, 2007, 5:09:00 PM  

I actually Simmons but hate the Basketball Blog....I can't take him seriously after he called this year's the best tournament he has seen in years

I actually completely agree with Marco here.

twins15 said...
Apr 3, 2007, 2:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment