Monday, November 05, 2007
Well leave it to me to botch the Pam Ward Chronicles for an entire weekend leaving the competition in complete disarray. I got a few gems from emailers so I'm going to issue random points for the heck of it and we'll pretend this weekend never happened.
Why am I even bothering? Well the comment of the day came from Pam herself, so I can't NOT (double negatives rock!) give her the points.
3. "I know that you posted that there won't be a Pam Ward Chronicles this week, but I think you need to award a Special Achievement Pammie to the team of Paul Maguire, Bob Griese and Brad Nessler for their in-booth demonstration of "chip blocking" during the Michigan-Michigan State game on Saturday. Watching the game in HD, I thought that Maguire was going to come into my living room and eat me. Truly frightening. He was so close to the camera that it reminded me of the Dr. Evil-on-Jerry-Springer shouting "The world is mine!" scene that opened Austin Powers II. Such a level of broadcasting shittiness may never be achieved again. (Via Brian....Maguire gets 3 points)
2. "Hyman is really taking a beating tonight"- Chris Fowler (Via Chad....Fowler gets 5 points)
.....and the winner from Pammy herself.....
1. Within a few minutes of one of these tributes - an interview with Walker's widow, btw - the crew fires up a package about Northwestern's close games this year, over which Pam Ward starts referring to NW as the "Cardiac Cats." (Via Ryan...Pam gets 10 points)
Put this one right up there with the McDonough-Everett incident and the Wynalda-Wildfires fiasco. So bad.
Here are the standings after ten weeks........
1. Mike Patrick (43)
2. Brad Nessler, Gary Danielson (40)
4. Pam Ward (39)
5. Chris Spielman (32)
6. Lee Corso (28)
7. Bob Griese, Paul Maguire (22)
9. Dave Pasch (20)
10. Pat Haden (19)
Others Receiving Votes: Andre Ware (16), Ray Bentley (16), Craig James (11.5), Tim Brandt (11), Brent Musburger (11), Dave Lapham (10), Gerry Dinardo (9), Dave Lamont (9), Lou Holtz (9), Verne Lundquist (9), Tom Hart (8), Bill Curry (8), Ed Cunningham (8), Mark Jones (7), Mellissa Knowles (7), Thom Brennaman (7), Sean McDonough (7), John Saunders (6), Quint Kessenich (6), Holly Rowe (5), Chris Fowler (5), Charles Arbuckle (5), Mike Tirico (4), Dan Fouts (4), Doug Flutie (3.5), Desmond Howard (3), Jim Donnan (3), Erin Andrews (3), Todd Blackledge (2), Jim Kelly (1)