Sunday, November 11, 2007
I'm going to try something new this evening (really just because I need to occupy my time), but here's how it's going to go. I've got a set of nine quotes so far, and it's your job to send quotes from the 4pm games and from the Sunday Nighter to come up with our official Top Ten.
You can email them to me or post them in the comments. We'll try to knock as many of these of the list as the night goes on (Joe Buck and John Madden should provide enough ammo.
"No excuse for those mechanical errors to be happening."- Troy Aikman referring to Eli Manning picking up a delay of game penalty (see those are HUMAN errors, if it was the clock's fault then you could say mechanical)
"And McNabb passes Ron Jaworski for all-time on the Eagles passing list."- Kenny Albert
"Sorry Jaws!!!!"- Tony Siragusa (He couldn't have yelled that louder and faster)
10. Exchange of the weekend via Mercextra
“You’d think we were talking about the Magruder film here. We’re talking about the Jay Glazer video.”- Howie Long
“Magruder?”- Curt Menafee
“Yeah.”- Howie Long
“Zapruder?”- Curt Menafee
“Gruder.”- Howie Long
“Za-pruder.”- Curt Menafee
“Five plays into this game, that video was confiscated.”- Howie Long
8. "And the ball tickles the nose of the 40 yard line."- Dick Enberg
7. “Goes and gets the first down. That’s the difference between a good running back and Brian Westbrook…..he goes.”- Tony Siragusa
6. “They barely get that play off and it would have been better to take the 5 because they lose three.”- Dick Enberg
5. “It looks like they didn’t have enough offenders to defend defensively.”- Siragusa- Tony Siragusa
4. "If I were the Colts, I'd just jam him and ride him" - John Madden (Via Mookie)
3. "If he stayed low, Roethlisberger would have slapped him like a child."- Phil Simms (Via Anon)
2. "And Bart Scott fills the whole because that is what he loves to do”- Randy Cross (Via Cado)
1. "Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson has been dealing with a multitude of injuries this season - to his groin, to his finger, and to his concussion."- Brian Baldinger (Via Matt)
What can you add and what can you knock out?