NBC Goes Annie Oakley On Its Game One Spot

Monday, August 04, 2008

I don't know why I found this ad so funny, perhaps it caught me off guard, but I couldn't stop laughing following this "anything you can do" inspired commercial with the Manning Bros....



Awww! So very cute. I had also planned on doing a review of NBC's preseason opener, but there were so many elements and folks missing that I decided against it. With that said, I thought the broadcast was as good as you can get for your first of the year. They didn't go overboard talking about the Olympics or Brett Favre until the fourth quarter (understandable to do so then) and Michaels and Madden really didn't seem to make any big mistakes. I was also a huge fan of the bump music choices which included Journey, Jay-Z, Peter Gabriel and Guns N' Roses.

Also, Adam Schefter of the NFL Network stood in for Andrea Kremer, who is in Beijing, and did a stellar job. It wouldn't be a bad idea to add him full time, but I think that'd put the on-air talent count at about twenty six. Expect more reviews and recaps as the preseason goes along, and get ready for the return of the Pam Ward Chronicles later this month.

9 Comments:

I think people find the mannings "inspiring" is because they both look and sound like retards. I do believe Eli is missing a chromosome.

Anonymous said...
Aug 4, 2008, 9:42:00 AM  

Nothing inspires the NFL fan base like Ethel Merman.

Doneycat said...
Aug 4, 2008, 10:14:00 AM  

Funny how last year no one thought a Manning vs Manning Super Bowl would sell because of Eli.
Now that he's SB MVP -- they'd kill for that SB.

I thought Madden-Michaels were terrible. Especially during Darrell Green INT when they said 5 times that you knew it was a big game when he would return punts. Zzzz Saying it ONCE was enough.
Darrell saved them telling about his rib injury on the play they were showing. Neither had a clue it had happened.

Anonymous said...
Aug 4, 2008, 10:35:00 AM  

Funny how no one thought a Manning vs Manning Super Bowl would be a big ratings draw last year.
Now NBC would kill for that matchup.

Anonymous said...
Aug 4, 2008, 10:36:00 AM  

I'm pumped. You know it's football season when you can hear Madden's voice.

AA, the Redskins quest for an undefeated season (pre, regular, and post) went well last night.

GMoney said...
Aug 4, 2008, 10:41:00 AM  

As I was switching from the Phillies-Cards game to the Skins-Colts game, it seemed like John Madden's analysis was morphing into that of Joe Morgan's.

Anonymous said...
Aug 4, 2008, 12:28:00 PM  

Redskins going undefeated? That must have been what Tony Dungy was laughing at in the create-a-caption.

Assuming by some small miracle, the Skins are unbeaten come week 5, the Eagles will put an end to that at the Linc.

Anonymous said...
Aug 4, 2008, 1:50:00 PM  

jfein - It's just a joke from gmoney, like the Redhawks being 2-0 on September 7.

Anonymous said...
Aug 4, 2008, 2:25:00 PM  

I figured that out (seeing as there's no chance of the Skins going unbeaten), but I just wanted to brag about the Eagles.

Anonymous said...
Aug 4, 2008, 3:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment