Your Basketball National Championship in Quotes

Tuesday, April 03, 2007



Well I'm going to go out on a limb here, and differ from Bill Simmons. This Tournament pretty much sucked. Call me crazy (CRAZY!), but I'd take close exciting games over the best teams winning any day. Oh well...what are you going to do?

Make fun of it...that's what!

So last night's game was pretty boring, and you know what made it even more boring....Jim Nantz. He is just god awful these days. No energy whatsoever. Billy Packer was his normal self, but I thought he called a pretty good game. He did try to use the "Players are tired" angle a bit too much though. All in all I give the broadcast a C. Nothing ridiculous was said, but it lacked any semblance of energy.

Onto the quotes.....

“Jay Gibbons…..running with his heads up…..gets to second base”- Davey Martinez

Sorry I was watching the O's game before. Which head is the second one? If it's the one I'm thinking of...I hope it wasn't up.

"Oden picks up the foul....it’s his third"- JN
"Might be on Lighty....he raised his hand"- BP
"Nope....it’s on Oden, and it’s his third"- JN

This was the point where Nancy almost lost it, but he reeled himself back.


"Let's see if the referee makes him put it in." Full quote, for the record is "Brewer's got his shirt out now. Let's see if the referee makes him put it in." (BD from Sports Show On Mute)

Too funny. You could have probably just left it as is, and no one would know the difference.

"That was a fatigue foul, Jim." - BP (OMDQ)
Fatigue, Fatigue, Fatigue

"I want to _______ Billy Packer in the ________!" (Unsilent Majority)

I didn't want to post the whole thing without his permission, but the edited version looks funny as hell. Feel free to fill in your own.

But at the 10:52 mark left in the 1st half, BP said Oden was really hustling to break up the pass to Noah inside. Maybe you guys already mentioned it, but if you did I apologize. Oden was not sprinting down the block, he was jogging and just happened to be a bad pass that he deflected out of bounds. (Karl)

I agree 100%. He thought he was fouled on the other end of the court and pretty much walked heading back. F'ing Packer.

"Oden should be the Most Outstanding Player"- BP

Pretty sure a losing team has never had an MOP (Mash Out Posse for the lay person)

And the winner for quote of the night goes to......

Bruce Pearl on ESPN in the pregame!

"Everybody would like to average 13 points……all 6 starters."- Bruce Pearl

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 11:24 AM

3 Comments:

The last player from a losing team to win the MOP was Olajuwon in 83, Jerry Lucas of Ohio St. and Bill Bradley of Princeton also won for losing teams, so it has happened before.

Anonymous said...
Apr 3, 2007, 2:24:00 PM  

So, did I hear on FSR Packer tell that Charlie Rose guy that he was gonna "fag out" on some basketball last night or was I hallucinating at 5:30 this AM on the way to the gym.

Anonymous said...
Apr 3, 2007, 3:18:00 PM  

Yeah I could have left it out. But I thought I'd be fair, for once.

BD said...
Apr 3, 2007, 11:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment