Michele Tafoya Talks About Her Ever-Changing Role On MNF

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dan Levy caught up with another MNFer for an interview On The DL, and this time it's sideline reporter Michele Tafoya. Tafoya talked about everything from Barack Obama to leaving the NBA coverage, but her thoughts on her role on Monday Night Football were what stuck out to me.

"Look, I understand, and I'm willing to go along with it, but of course naturally I think management would be disappointed if Suzy and I were satisfied with this. We really like to play a role, we feel we have a lot to contribute, and umm....so, you know, but....for the good of the show, this is the philosophy now. This is the way we're going."- Michele Tafoya
It has to be extremely odd to go from being completely involved, to being told you're going to be phased out, to finally being used about once or twice a game. I personally would have rather been fired from the job completely, but what are you going to do. The whole interview can be heard via the link at the bottom, but I wanted to pull out the longer version of the segment where the quote above came from. Here is the extended Michele "One L" Tafoya, MNF part for your listening pleasure....



Michele Tafoya Talks Sidelines and Celebrities On the DL (On The DL)

5 Comments:

At least she can still be abysmal with Mike Tirico on the radio everyday.

GMoney said...
Nov 20, 2008, 1:31:00 PM  

I actually like Michele Tafoya on the Mike Tirico Show. I think sideline reporters are invaluable (I'd like to be one someday) but obviously ESPN management disagrees.

Brad James said...
Nov 20, 2008, 1:40:00 PM  

She's kinda hot I think...cougarrrrrrrrr

Anonymous said...
Nov 20, 2008, 2:04:00 PM  

Alas Dear Fred ... I hate to see you go. Not so much from all the wonderful advice you've provided me over the last ten years, but more from the fact you salvaged me from PC hell. You have earned and maintained my respect throughout the last decade. I had a heart attack and heart surgery this last January and I know what it is to need to step away. For me, it was a message to pick a direction an aim myself toward it. I had started an online newsletter calle the Pranksterzette (http://pranksterzette.com) two years ago. A simple little single sheet html page I used to send to family and friends. Now, it is its own website with a couple hundred subscribers. I still refer to my old "Langalist Archives" for tips on my help page. Most of my readers are new to computers and like me, started out late in life at learning about them. What I'm getting at, is that you inspired me to learn about computers, more than I had wanted at time, lol. But hey, it keeps me in the game. Any day I wake up is a good one. It may seem like a lame offer, Fred ... But, if you ever need anything, give a holler. In the meantime, I wish you the best of health, a wonderful retirement, and the spark of life. I've considered you family for many years and that won't change.

Take care and be well ...

Rick Bishop

Rick said...
Aug 26, 2009, 1:51:00 AM  

OOPS, sorry, wrong post

Rick said...
Aug 26, 2009, 1:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment