Sunday, November 16, 2008
- The Raiders just lost 17-15 to Miami thanks to some majorly incompetent play calling and time management from Tom Cable, saving Tony Sparano from his atrocious special teams.
- In another case of crappy teams covering, the Lions were actually up on Carolina early, and just recently, were a two-point conversion away from tying the game when Daunte Culpepper fumbled the conversion try (he got face masked something fierce and it wasn't flagged.) 31-22, Panthers.
- Broncos' defense gets a hold. Matty Ice just threw an incomplete on fourth down at the Denver 45 after Jay Cutler hit Daniel Graham in the end zone on the previous drive. Fullback Peyton Hillis has two TDs for the Donkeys in service as the emergency first-string tailback. WOOOOO, PIG, SOOOOEY. 24-20, Denver. Michael Turner is still the Burner -- scoring twice for the Falcons in the losing cause.
- Jeff Garcia throws for 255 yards, no picks, one score from an RB, and TB is winning the kicker battle against Minny. 19-13, Bucs.
- Brandon Jacobs runs over people. 30-10, Giants over Ravens, as the NY pass rush makes Joe Flacco throw two picks.
- KC's lousy defense is going to cost them another good Tyler Thigpen start. He's thrown two TDs to Dwayne Bowe, but he isn't Drew Brees, who's thrown for 260, a TD and a pick, but has also handed it off to Pierre Thomas and Deuce McAllister for scores. Saints, 30-20.
- 37-3, Packers. Absolutely no offense for the Bears, and Aaron Rodgers has thrown for 2 TDs. A 54-yard fumble return for a TD also added to the Pack's total.
- Sage Rosenfels just gave the game away again. His first turnover of the game against Indy comes on a last second drive, after both Steve Slaton and Ahman Green did the bulk of the scoring. Peyton Manning threw two TDs, Addai got one. 33-27, Indy wins.
- Philly is tied with Cincy mostly thanks to three picks thrown by Donovan McNabb.
San Diego at Pittsburgh - Jim Nantz, Phil Simms
Tennessee at Jacksonville - Dick Enberg, Randy Cross
Arizona at Seattle - Dick Stockton, Brian Baldinger, Laura Okmin
St. Louis at San Francisco - Matt Vasgersian, JC Pearson, Nischelle Turner