Sunday, November 09, 2008
Just to note what happened during the first slate:
- The Bretts are up on the Rams, 47-3. Please, please, please, get half a hundred on them. This outdated notion of sportsmanship in the NFL needs to give way to some outlandish, college style numbers. Thomas Jones has 3 rushing TDs, in your "fantasy star we weren't expecting" category.
- Balamer is comfortably up on Houston thanks to Sage Rosenfels being Sage Rosenfels and throwing two picks. Joe Flacco has two TDs, he and the running back Voltron of Willis McGahee, Ray Rice, and LeRon McClain have been a surprise.
- Green Bay is currently up thanks to a Will Blackmon return to the heazy, and also, Gus Frerotte sucking to the tune of 3 INTs -- this offset Aaron Rodgers' brain farts resulting in two safeties in the Dan Orlovsky Memorial End Zone.
- Tennessee is ahead by two touchdowns on the arm of Kerry Collins rather than the rock-toting skills of Chris Johnson and LenDale White. The Titans' D has forced the Bears into bad field position all day.
- Miami is up by two after a two-point conversion try by Seattle fails. This team is developing into something scary good and unpredictable. You'd think more teams would have figured out how to handle the Wildcat by now.
- The Lions are still the Lions. Daunte Culpepper got picked on his first pass, and Drew Stanton appears to be the one responsible for the offense. Jacksonville is destroying them.
- Patriots go a game up on Buffalo and stay in a tie with the Bretts for the AFC East lead thanks to two Trent Edwards picks and rushing scores from Matt Cassel and The Law Firm of BenJarvus Green-Ellis.
- Atlanta up by two scores thanks to the defense keeping Drew Brees and Co. out of the end zone until the 4th quarter.
I will be basking in the glory of Gus Johnson for the afternoon.
Indianapolis at Pittsburgh - Jim Nantz, Phil Simms
Kansas City at San Diego - Gus Johnson, Steve Tasker
Carolina at Oakland - Dick Stockton, Brian Baldinger, Brian Billick