Sunday, September 21, 2008
(Considering the Saints' defense, I think Jay will find his happy place on the field today. Or, I hope he does. Also, Casa Bonita's food is AWFUL. Stay away if you're ever in Denver.)
Things we've learned so far today:
1. Ronnie Brown is a MEAST. 4 TDs rushing, 100+ yards, 1 TD passing. Chad Pennington completed a staggering 85% of his passes (as I write this, he is 17/20 with 226 yards), and New England screwed up my suicide pool by losing.
2. "With the first pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select....Matthew Stafford, quarterback, from the University of Georgia." (Note to Lions fans: your team will screw up the first pick by beating the Rams.) Michael Turner has 3 rushing TDs.
3. Cardinals-Skins is a truly enjoyable aerial assault of a game. Jason Campbell just hit another wide-open receiver, but the score got called back on a penalty.
4. Brandon Lloyd caught an offensive touchdown pass from Kyle Orton. Our world is at an end.
5. Carson Palmer just hit Housh for a TD, but the G-men just got into the end zone, so they're back up by three again in a game that's closer than it has any right to be.
6. This whole Buffalo being good thing didn't last long; also, Oakland may actually be more than mediocre. If JaMarcus Russell learns how to work with a passing offense, yikes.
Once again, you can find the maps and your game here. Fox has saddled me with the Lions-Niners cripple fight, so I'll have Pitt-Philly on the tube while hoping I can find a stream of New Orleans-Denver.
Stay tuned for the Cowboys-Packers live blog after the late games, of course.
Pittsburgh at Philadelphia - Jim Nantz, Phil Simms
Jacksonville at Indianapolis - Dick Enberg, Randy Cross
Cleveland at Baltimore - Bill Macatee, Steve Beuerlein
New Orleans at Denver - Joe Buck, Troy Aikman
Detroit at San Francisco - Dick Stockton, Brian Baldinger, Brian Billick
St. Louis at Seattle - Matt Vasgersian, J.C. Pearson