Lebron's Hidden Freestyle Rap On Sports Center

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Weird things happen when you watch as much Sports Television as I do. While you do really develop an ear for things (I could probably watch Emmitt with the TV on mute and pull out at least three good soundbytes), you also start to hear things. Well the latter happened to me during last night's 6pm Sports Center. I really wasn't paying that much attention when ESPN was coming back from commercial and for a brief second I thought I heard someone rapping.

Was that at the end of that Men's Warehouse commercial? No....no it wasn't. Where did that come from? Ding! Lebron James was scheduled to come on live from some event he was promoting for Cub Cadet and he was on mic....freestylin' for someone. Listen closely....it's pretty quick....



All I gathered was, "So don't go there, is that a (inaudible) can rest in a w____," before they cut it off. If anyone wants to send an anonymous tip in and let me know how that ended, I'd love to know. I have a guess, but all of your rhymes are welcome in the comments.

7 Comments:

He's singing Going back to Cali, by the Notorious BIG.....the line ends with....see some nice breasts in the west....

Anonymous said...
Sep 4, 2008, 7:42:00 AM  

What's even funnier is that he was singing the "clean" version; the original lyric in question is "I live out there, so don't go there/
But that don't mean a nigga can't rest in the West"

Binny said...
Sep 4, 2008, 8:40:00 AM  

If I got to choose a coast I got to choose the East
I live out there, so don't go there
But that don't mean a ni**a can't rest in the West
See some nice breasts in the West
Smoke some nice sess in the West, y'all ni**az is a mess

Anonymous said...
Sep 4, 2008, 8:48:00 AM  

This happened like 3 times last night on PTI.

But nothing interesting happened.

JFreak said...
Sep 4, 2008, 9:38:00 AM  

I used to read Word Up magazine.

GMoney said...
Sep 4, 2008, 10:47:00 AM  

I thought it was Jay Harris when I heard it last night.

Sep 4, 2008, 1:57:00 PM  

Technically Lebron James's exact words are: "So don't go there/ But that don't mean a dude can't rest in the West"...

He almost hesitates right before "dude".

I wanna hear him do 'Pac next!

Anonymous said...
Apr 6, 2009, 3:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment