UVA Coach Al Groh, The Next To Get Hit With A Prank Call (With Audio)

Friday, September 12, 2008

Okay, I think I've come to the conclusion that all of these prank calls are from copy cats. People have read about the others, so they search out numbers for the conference calls (which are very easy to find if you try), and then harass a coach they don't like. Either that or some kids are going to put them all out on a CD like the Jerky Boys

Anyway, here is audio of the latest "hit" on a Virginia Media conference call with UVA Coach Al Groh....



Again not very imaginative, and that sounded like a bad Special Ed impression, but it was enough to get the call canceled. My favorite part had to be the moderator flipping out in the calmest way possible. If someone cursed at me and threatened to arrest me, I'd probably just laugh. But if someone told me chastised me and told me that I was, "going to upset a lot of people," I might just feel a bit guilty.

So who wants to take bets on who the next target is? I'm thinking the Big Ten is probably heavily guarded, so I'm taking the WAC.

(Thanks to Anon for the audio)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 10:14 AM

7 Comments:

I would guess the MAC but no one cares enough to go after them.

/MAC alum

GMoney said...
Sep 12, 2008, 10:42:00 AM  

I'm guessing its Mike Gundy at Oklahoma State

Anonymous said...
Sep 12, 2008, 12:47:00 PM  

It's gotta be Lolich. He's pissed about being "put in stasis" by Groh this week.

Anonymous said...
Sep 12, 2008, 1:37:00 PM  

For some reason these never get old to me.

Zabka said...
Sep 12, 2008, 1:45:00 PM  

agree zabka, that was funny shit.

Anonymous said...
Sep 12, 2008, 3:19:00 PM  

haha from a guy that doesnt give a crap about virgina i think its hilarious. but if i was an alum from virgina and i wanted to here the interview id be pretty pissed off. but im not so its funny to me.

Anonymous said...
Sep 12, 2008, 3:27:00 PM  

too bad bobby knight aint coaching no more. id love to see him get a prank phone call

Anonymous said...
Sep 12, 2008, 3:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment