SNF Live-Blog: DAL-PHI, 1st Half

Sunday, November 04, 2007


This game is brought to you by NBC/GE's stupid Green campaign, as if they didn't waste enough energy having to put together a football telecast (live trucks, cameras, powering the microphones, etc.) and have to announce how guilty they feel about it in a way that doesn't actually do jack shit.

How ready are you for three hours of Romo knob-slobbering and unlimited talk about Andy Reid's family troubles? Seriously, if Reid was a player and had people living with drugs in his house, Lord Rog would be all over him like white on rice; his ass would have already been suspended.

Philly starts with the ball on their own 36 and McNabb fumbles during a coverage sack...shit, that didn't last long. Dallas ball, and just after the intros for the Philly O, here comes Antonio Ramiro Romo! Julius Jones gets the first carry for a few yards.

I know the Cowboys like to wear the white jerseys as often as possible, but I like the navy blue unis. Romo slants it to T.O., who jukes a couple of tacklers before they get him inside the 10. Jones plugs in on first and goal for a couple, and then gets the TD a couple plays later. Dammit, I have Marion Barber on my fantasy team and am losing badly this week. Extra point is good and it's 7-0, Cowboys.

Buckhalter brings the kick out, and let's see if Philly can do it any better. One of the Cowboys defenders introduced his school as "Wahoo-Wah", which I know is slang for Virginia, but does anyone know where that came from? Anyway, McNabb hurls one high for an incomplete and the boo-birds are out in Philly already. Donny converts a 3rd down to Reggie Brown on a nice rollout pass. Does anyone know if the Eagles have a running game? I heard Westbrook was limited tonight, but Reid should consider a rush at some point.

Oh, there's Westbrook! He gets it out to the 48 of the Cowboys, and the Eagles have a drive going. McNabb fires a rocket to Brown, and he gets serious yards after the catch for a 1st and goal at the 4 or so. Westbrook piles into the end zone, Akers' kick is good, and it's knotted up at 7.

"Trying to catch up, but Sophia Bush is fucking distrating me like shit." - AA

I still can't believe her ex-hubby Chad Michael Murray cheated on her with Paris Hilton. How dumb must you be?

"'Rocky has muscles in places where you don't have muscles' JM

That's why we all love JM." - dummy

Hoo boy. That's a good one. Cowboys start on the 28, and the screen goes to Jones for five yards. He gets two more on the next play, and gets the first down on the 3rd down rush. Does not bode well for the Iggles' rush D if they can't hold J. Jones back from first downs tonight. Madden just spewed about Jason Garrett (Dallas O-coordinator) and I think he'll probably get hired away from the Cowboys sooner than later -- Jerry Jones is going to have to make a decision on this.

Just after I write about Julius getting yards, the Eagles stuff him on first down. Romo goes to T.O. on the next play, and then hits Marion Barber on a screen for massive yardage -- Barber winds up inside the Eagles' 40.

You know what? I completely forgot about the T.O- Philly angle....thanks for reminding me NBC! - AA

Damn, I knew I was missing something! Romo dumps it off to Barber again and he's got another first down. MB3 is the Truth, people. Wait until he gets to be the full-time feature back (hopefully) when Julius splits for free agency -- and he gets the next rush to the 2-yard line. Please rush him again, Cowboys...Romo fakes it to Barber and tosses it to Tony Curtis for six. Folk's kick is good after Curtis gets some serious ups, and it's 14-7, Cowboys.

We may be in for an offensive orgy tonight. Offenses appear to be moving at will. Donny Mac overthrew Reggie Brown by about four or five yards, and he's right to keep picking on the CB that isn't Terence Newman. McNabb is getting good offensive line protection, too. He slings one complete to Curtis to end the first quarter.

Westbrook gets six on the ground to start the 2nd, then McNabb throws into double coverage incomplete on 2nd and short. Yes, Owens was the best of the wide receivers that McNabb ever had, but you gotta pin some of this on the Eagles, who never invested in getting him much help. The next pass goes to TE L.J. Smith, who's good, but has been hampered by all manner of injury. McNabb throws behind Curtis on the next play.

"His bad passes, his guy doesn't get 'em, but your guy doesn't get them either." - JM, on D-McNabb's passing. Brady James knocks the screen play for a loss. Sav Rocca punts it after a third down screen pass is incomplete, and Patrick Crayton fair-catches it.

Tony Romo might have been joking when he said he was a better person because he has more money now, but I would be totally serious if I said that.

Madden made a Britney Spears reference. I feel like NBC acknowledging the Redneck Train Wreck during sports telecasts is odd -- I expect Mike Patrick to do it, but somehow John Madden seemed above it all.

"Tony Romo is pitching a perfect game, and it's a symmetrical game. 9 for 9 for 99 yards." - AM. I feel confused and annoyed by the intra-sports analogy here. Another carry for Barber after the dump-off screen pass earlier. Romo overthrows Jason Witten for his first incompletion, then tosses it to T.O. for the first down.

Why do the Eagle Cheerleaders have pink pom-poms? I thought labial references were not allowed. - Dummy

One last hurrah for Breast (Cancer) Awareness, I suppose, even though October is over? That's the best guess I got. Romo throws incomplete on 3rd and long, and Dallas brings on the punt team.

Was that Jesus Jones or EMF going to the break? I get mixed up. - AA

It was Jesus Jones, "Right Here, Right Now." EMF did that song "Unbelievable." Both British, both one-hit wonders, easy to confuse.

McNabb gets a rollout on 2nd completed for five yards. You know it's bad for celebs when you have to go to Jim Cramer of CNBC for a celeb shot in an Eagles jersey. Westbrook gets another checkdown with a penalty for a 15 yard face mask on the Cowboys, so that will push the Eagles to their own 40. Westbrook goes outside at the 48 for another good gain.

"Their playcalling hasn't been very aggressive." - JM. Gee, you think? They can't even convert a 2nd and 2. Touchback on the punt.

Julius Jones gets a good gain on the first rush, and Romo then tosses it up to Owens, who brings it back in for the catch. Julius drags the pile for about seven yards, and here's the two minute warning.

At least Cramer is actually an Eagles fan, and is always at games unlike ABC, ESPN, Fox giving tickets to the stars of their shows and pretending like they like a team. - Brendan

Gotta give him that.

I'm a pinko commie lefty and I hate this "Green Week" ish, but having Al Gore and David Schwimmer on 30 Rock like it will be hilarious this week.

Romo promptly gets picked by Lito Sheppard. Those Brett Favre, Jr. comparisons sure are panning out in that respect. Ken Hamblin picks McNabb right back on 3rd and 10, so that was just a big ol' negation. MB3 starts pounding towards the end zone, and the Cowboys take a time out on 3rd and 1.

"The Eagles go to three receivers the Cowboys go to six defensive backs." - JM

That's amazing! - AA

Yeah, wouldn't that be one more than they need to cover an additional wideout?

The Truth pounds it in for six. 21-7, Cowboys, after the kick is completed -- and we go to bump with Beck's "Sexx Laws." Haven't heard that in a while. A screen pass for a loss by the Eagles is how the first half ends. See you in the 2nd half thread, while I go and not watch Matt Lauer from the North Pole at halftime.

53 Comments:

I swear to God, this "Green" thing just illuminates, woops, I mean illustrates, what a bunch of pinko-commie-liberal-panty wastes NBC is.

What a bunch of effing hyppocrits...during their special on Global Warming, they traveled over 500,000 THOUSAND MILES burning jet fuel!!!!!

That's 21 times the circumference of the ENTIRE PLANET.

I sooooo hate NBC and PMSNBC!

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 8:17:00 PM  

Turn off a light Dummy....do it for the hippies.

Nov 4, 2007, 8:20:00 PM  

And I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Nov 4, 2007, 8:20:00 PM  

Hey, good to have you back, boss. How was Ohio?

I thought about taking up the Chronicles on Saturday morning for you, but found myself awake in a place not mine on game day and decided to pass out when I saw two Big 10 games on ESPN when I got home.

Signal to Noise said...
Nov 4, 2007, 8:22:00 PM  

I hope the road trip was fun, AA, but I have to admit that I am going to up my electric bill tonight by leaving every light on for 24 straight hours, just to offset 1 minute of the electricity used by NBC.

Now that I have that out of my system, time for some Romo-mania!

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 8:23:00 PM  

I got five bucks on Tony Romo asking Andy Reid for his Kid's numbers.

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 8:24:00 PM  

Oh yeaaaaaa....gotta love that first play.

P.S. can you turn off the cryptogram again?

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 8:25:00 PM  

dummy: i'll get to it in a sec.

Signal to Noise said...
Nov 4, 2007, 8:27:00 PM  

Trip was fine. Game was everything I thought it would be. Lots of drunks and Lots of Red. Beanie Wells should get the ball every play, and baby Animal is one of the best college players I've seen live.

Enough about me though....let's go Eagles!

Nov 4, 2007, 8:27:00 PM  

that is if AA wants the cryptogram off...

Signal to Noise said...
Nov 4, 2007, 8:28:00 PM  

I'll do it....I've been getting spammed like mad lately. 40 some hits every time I turn it off, but for live-blogs it's a must.

Nov 4, 2007, 8:30:00 PM  

Wow...what a great start...even though Jason Garret even confused Madden by taking out Barber and then doing a draw to Jones.

Must have confused the Eagles' D as well.

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 8:30:00 PM  

AA - ah, one of the reasons I moved to WordPress was because the spam filter was better and didn't require anything cryptic.

Signal to Noise said...
Nov 4, 2007, 8:31:00 PM  

Wow great start? Are you on ludes Dummy??? Where's the energy?

Nov 4, 2007, 8:32:00 PM  

Well I wish I could move now, but alas....no such luck.

Nov 4, 2007, 8:33:00 PM  

not on ludes, AA, just waiting for the tequila to kick in...and btw, S2N, I totally agree about the unis.

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 8:34:00 PM  

The Cowboys' secondary sucks...almost as bad as my Broncos'. Damn it all to hell.

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 8:37:00 PM  

Trying to catch up, but Sophia Bush is fucking distrating me like shit.

Nov 4, 2007, 8:39:00 PM  

"Rocky has muscles in places where you don't have muscles" JM

That's why we all love JM.

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 8:41:00 PM  

You know what? I completely forgot about the T.O- Philly angle....thanks for reminding me NBC!

Nov 4, 2007, 8:43:00 PM  

I can't wait until the 'Boys don't sign Jones and resign Barber next year...Jones is not even in the same league as Barber.

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 8:47:00 PM  

Can I hire someone to check all of the emails and throw together a Pammy Awards for tomorrow?

Nov 4, 2007, 8:55:00 PM  

Yea, AA, maybe someone in China that is willing to work for .50 an hour. Seems like a daunting task.

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 8:58:00 PM  

AA - I don't want that duty at all. I can only imagine what your inbox is like.

Signal to Noise said...
Nov 4, 2007, 8:59:00 PM  

Enh....it's not that bad. I should have just left without saying anything and people would have thought I had gone missing.

Nov 4, 2007, 9:01:00 PM  

"you ever notice when McNabb throws a bad pass, it's a real bad pass?" JM

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 9:03:00 PM  

I was so hoping they would not bring up that bogus story of him and B-Spears...but alas, I should have known better.

Him and S-Bush is so much tittilating.

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 9:09:00 PM  

Why do the Eagle Cheerleaders have pink pom-poms? I thought labial references were not allowed.

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 9:11:00 PM  

It's still Breast Awareness Month Dummy!

Nov 4, 2007, 9:12:00 PM  

That was pass interference...but whatever.

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 9:14:00 PM  

Was that Jesus Jones or EMF going to the break? I get mixed up.

Nov 4, 2007, 9:14:00 PM  

AA, it's still October? Then I must still be 27! Thank the Lord, can I get an Amen!?!

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 9:15:00 PM  

Madden doing math confuses me.

Nov 4, 2007, 9:18:00 PM  

That was not a 15 yard facemask

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 9:18:00 PM  

This is where Money-Romo excels...can't wait for this touchdown drive.

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 9:21:00 PM  

Amen? Two dudes talking in chat deserves and Amen???

I should never leave again without setting some guest writers in place.

Nov 4, 2007, 9:21:00 PM  

AA - someone left an email with a dumb bit of announcer chatter?

Signal to Noise said...
Nov 4, 2007, 9:24:00 PM  

At least Cramer is actually an Eagles fan, and is always at games unlike ABC, ESPN, Fox giving tickets to the stars of their shows and pretending like they like a team.

Brendan said...
Nov 4, 2007, 9:24:00 PM  

You mean the Cramer that is part of the GE/NBC conglomerate? Yea, how surprising.

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 9:28:00 PM  

eff it all to hell!

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 9:29:00 PM  

S2N- Such is life I guess. I just wish people would stop confusing me for ESPN's correction department.

But who am I to complain?

Nov 4, 2007, 9:31:00 PM  

That is the funniest thing I've ever heard....Via Madden....

"The Eagles go to three receivers the Cowboys go to six defensive backs."

That's amazing!

Nov 4, 2007, 9:32:00 PM  

AA, you know you love it...that's what your rep is built on, and deservedly so.

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 9:33:00 PM  

How funny is that now, AA? :)

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 9:34:00 PM  

Marion the Barbarion...gotta love his style!

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 9:36:00 PM  

God I hate the Cowboys, but they are fucking good. Can I request some more "ass" on the second half photo?

Nov 4, 2007, 9:38:00 PM  

Matt Lauer in the Artic Circle?!?!?! Are they fucking kidding?

What a bunch of brainswashed psycho emmer effers!

What in the eff does that have to do with the NFL?

Again, I reiterate, I effing hate NBC/PMSNBC!

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 9:42:00 PM  

AA - working on it...

Signal to Noise said...
Nov 4, 2007, 9:45:00 PM  

If this 'Artic Circle' segment does not convince anyone that NBC is totally in the tank for the liberal philosophy that Humans are bad, and non-humans (polar bears, seals, etc.) are better, than I feel so terribly bad for all you suckers.

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 9:49:00 PM  

And they are doing all this reporting while burning 500,000 miles worth of jet fuel...causing more CO2 than all of the blogosphere combined.

This is an absolute abonomitation!

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 9:51:00 PM  

dummy - most pinko commie lefties (myself included) don't buy the PETA manifesto that you just associated most of us with.

That said, I think this is over the top and is basically done for the sake of appearing to "do something" about the environment because it is en vogue rather than actually being constructive towards it.

Political griping over for me. Back to football.

Signal to Noise said...
Nov 4, 2007, 9:53:00 PM  

fair enough...I'm done with it also...let's get back to Ro-Money-mania.

Anonymous said...
Nov 4, 2007, 9:55:00 PM  

"All the guys you don't want to cover Terrell Owens has to be #1!"- John Madden

Yeah Madden!

Nov 4, 2007, 10:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment