Fernando Perez Goes All Tony Micelli On The Charlotte Knights

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Everyone remembers the scene in "Who's The Boss" when Tony is playing for his Softball team and tries to leap over the catcher at home plate, right? Well Tony Danza was actually tagged out on the play, and while many others have succeed in the "catcher leap", I don't think I've ever seen this move before.

We shall call it the "Oops, I missed home plate, but la la la....GOT YOU!" move....



That was Durham Bulls Center Fielder Fernando Perez and that's about the slickest move I've ever seen. It's like the anti-Pierzynski. I know it has nothing to do with announcing, but I hadn't seen it anywhere else, and I thought you'd enjoy it.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 11:08 AM

5 Comments:

that was good

Anonymous said...
Sep 2, 2008, 11:49:00 AM  

dun dun dun da dun dun done.... da dada dun dun da done. Making our way etc... Thanks for the memories :-)

Anonymous said...
Sep 2, 2008, 1:12:00 PM  

I hope he enjoys the customary postgame BJ from Judith Light.

GMoney said...
Sep 2, 2008, 4:19:00 PM  

That video is one of countless reasons why baseball is awesome -- you never know what you're going to see!

Jay said...
Sep 2, 2008, 6:37:00 PM  

Don't you think he went more than 3 feet out of the baseline to avoid the tag? He should have been out.

MMayes said...
Sep 3, 2008, 2:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment