Get That Lollipop Out Of Your Ear, The Doctor Is Speaking To You!

Friday, September 05, 2008

I know everyone was extremely disappointed when news broke that the Lou Holtz' Pep Talks had been scratched, but I'm throwing my hat in the ring for the Dr. Lou segment right now. Anytime you can get Lou taking messages from Bobby Bowden AND Regis Philbin....you've got a winner.



"Remember, when people need love and understanding the most, is usually when they deserve it the least."

It just doesn't get any better than that and those are words to live by my friends. And the, "wasn't a good honeymoon," line at the end was priceless. I love me some Lou.

9 Comments:

Bowden is a senile old coot. God, he sounds worse than he looks.

Zabka said...
Sep 5, 2008, 9:12:00 AM  

first

Anonymous said...
Sep 5, 2008, 9:42:00 AM  

People like you who enjoy watching train wrecks mean people like me who are tired of this crap from ESPN still have to put up with it.

Anonymous said...
Sep 5, 2008, 9:48:00 AM  

I agree with the comment above me. Lou Holtz needs to go, right now. He is useless. His entertainment value is 0.

Anonymous said...
Sep 5, 2008, 10:06:00 AM  

Man, you guys need to lighten up. How does 5 minutes of Lou Holtz annoy you that much? I'm sure you have a remote...change the channel.

Most people I talk to you -- normal people that don't spend all days on blogs like myself -- love Lou Holtz and find him entertaining. The best thing about Lou is that he isn't faking it...that's who he is.

I'd rather listen to Lou than any forced schtick elsewhere on ESPN.

Anonymous said...
Sep 5, 2008, 10:14:00 AM  

Why are you watching the halftime show anyway, cynical pricks?

GMoney said...
Sep 5, 2008, 10:47:00 AM  

I change the channel anytime this fossil comes on the TV. Just because he is not fake doesn't mean he is worth listening to.

Anonymous said...
Sep 5, 2008, 11:24:00 AM  

They asked him the "BCS Championship/Childbirth" question in the pregame show too, and he got REALLY fired up about it. I miss Coach Lou's pep talks, but this will do just fine.

Anonymous said...
Sep 5, 2008, 12:06:00 PM  

"I'd rather play USC than UCLA. Why? Because USC is easier to spell" - Lou Holtz

That senile old fart needs to go.

Dr Huxtable said...
Sep 5, 2008, 4:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment