Your Pammy Winners And New Rankings After Week Two

Tuesday, September 09, 2008


Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote for the winners from this past weekend and I think we've found the correct system to use in the future. You can't argue with random online polls! Here's the breakdown and if you have a problem with it, call one of the 600+ commenters that voted in this week's PCS (Pammy Championship Series)....

10. "This is the biggest event here since the Stones. Well sometimes you get what you want, and sometimes you get what you need."- Mark Jones

9. "That's two for Virginia Tech, they'll have a third and five."- Mike Patrick while calling the ECU-WVU game

8. "Better take that rifle away from the Mountaineer."- Mike Patrick after WVU turned it over on downs

7. "They are having a hard time getting to the Quarterback because of his elusivity."- Ray Bentley (Via Bazooka)

6. "And they [Washington] have to go for it here, they can't give it back....oh wait, it's third down, sorry." - Petros Papadakis
"Thought you knew something, huh?" - Barry Tompkins
"Yeah, I thought I did. I must have gotten screwed up when he changed the down marker." - Petros Papadakis

5. “He’s tired tonight. He did a Soccer game in Dallas last night. It was exciting, there was actually a goal in that game.”- Sean McDonough

4. "I tell you what. If I was a bartender, I'd give you no more to drink."- Lou Holtz to Mark May

3. "It's like the little engine that could. I think I can I think I can...First Down! Move the sticks for the first time in the history of young Robert Marve's career moves the 'Canes into an opportunity to have another opportunity to a set of downs."- Kirk Herbstreit

2. "Superman does it again, but the Joker hung tough for a while."- Brent Musburger

1. "How do you ask your girl 'hey baby do you want to go to the game' and then take her up to the rock? I mean it's not like you got privacy up there"- Mark Jones
"They are certainly enjoying themselves."- Bob Davie


And now for your standings and video proof of said "enjoyment"....

Standings After Week Two: 1. Mark Jones (21), 2. Brent Musburger (11), 3. Bob Davie (10), 3. Sean McDonough (10), 5. Kirk Herbstreit (9), 5. Pam Ward (9), 7. Brock Huard (8), 8. Lou Holtz (7), 9. David Norrie (6), 10. Mike Patrick (5), 10. Petros Papadakis (5), 10. Brad Nessler (5), 13. Ray Bentley (4), 13. Terry Gannon (4), 15. Andre Ware (3), 15. Dave Pasch (3)



The Pam Ward Chronicles: Week Two (Awful Announcing)

12 Comments:

I believe that would make Mr. Jones a back to back winner of the award.

He's my early favorite in the clubhouse, he's got Auburn/Miss St. this week so I dont expect him to disappoint.

The Rabbi said...
Sep 9, 2008, 6:00:00 PM  

I am a little confussed about the premise of the Pammy's. The McDough quote was hilarious, how can you include it with those other horribe ones.

Anonymous said...
Sep 9, 2008, 6:23:00 PM  

The Pammies are all-encompassing Anon. Everything from funny to horrible is in play. It's not a science and is ultimately to be used for fun and not skepticism.

Sep 9, 2008, 6:40:00 PM  

I agree with Anon. The award is losing focus. It used to recognize ridiculous, stupid announcing (hence the name). I mean we ALL jumped on the Mike Patrick 'Britney' comment last year.
Now, we're lumping Mark Jones' comment into the same class.
It just seems ridiculous and far-fetched.
But hey, it's not my blog.

Anonymous said...
Sep 9, 2008, 7:56:00 PM  

It's honestly no different than it was last year people. There were all sorts of stuff mixed in and if you go back through you'll see that. Last year's winners were dominated by innuendo and that's not necessarily dumb or awful announcing.

But it's out of my hands now. If you want to make a plea to everyone else to vote dumb, I don't have a problem with that.

Sep 9, 2008, 8:21:00 PM  

I missed the couple's "fun" if you will when I heard the comment. Damn alcohol. But that certainly makes it a winner.

Sean H said...
Sep 9, 2008, 8:22:00 PM  

Jonesey wasn't my vote, but that was funny. For what it's worth, Jonesey was #3 on my chart, Sean McDonough was #2, and Brent Musberger's lecture on superheros was #1.

Anonymous said...
Sep 9, 2008, 9:51:00 PM  

I think you should make your own judgment. We know what's winning the Pammy for the sorta funny comments (Jones, the Lou Holtz "Cut His Throat" comment last year) and the dumb (The Musberger quote, anything said by Kirk Herbstreit).

This system is fine, we're voting what we think, and if the people who aren't voting have a problem, so be it.

The Rabbi said...
Sep 9, 2008, 10:22:00 PM  

but doesn't the Pammy recognize BAD announcing? how does rewarding a clever comment with the MOST points fall into that category. i think that's all that's being said.
why can't there be TWO votes each week? a Pammy for BAD announcing. and another vote to award something good. name it the Scully.

Anonymous said...
Sep 9, 2008, 10:53:00 PM  

See, that makes more sense to me. Or you can do three awards each week:

The good (Scully)
The bad (Pam)
and the Ugly (Ditka)

Anonymous said...
Sep 10, 2008, 1:10:00 AM  

Anon 10:53 is right.

Anonymous said...
Sep 10, 2008, 1:46:00 AM  

Keep the opinions coming, but I'm hearing ya. I might try to reel it back in next week...we'll see.

Sep 10, 2008, 9:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment