Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote for the nominees from this past weekend. There were over a thousand votes this time and I appreciate that you are all taking to this new voting system so well. I also wanted to add that the Hammond call was an unintentional omission on my part and should have been on the list. I'm just sliding it in where I think it should go and that's the #2 spot this week. That was just too big of a live flub to not have it on the list and one of these we'll have a nominations post where I don't miss one.
Here are the Top Ten and the results as well as your updated standings at the bottom.....
10. "Look for number 2 to be inserted." - Kirk Herbstreit referring to Terrell Pryor
9. "You're talking two time zones away, three hours difference"- Andre Ware talking about Cal having problems with the time difference
8. "They had me on Drinking with the Stars." - Paul Maguire
7. "Iowa's starting to shit -- sit! -- on these shorter routes." - Charles Davis
6. "Tough to be accurate when you have this much man in your face."- Charles Davis
5. "We see a bunch of wet stuff coming up from the ground."- Pam Ward forgetting the word "water"
4. "In anticipation of the rain both teams practiced with wet balls this week." - Alex Flanagan
3. "Jimmy Clausen about to take the field again." - Tom Hammond
"Half of his completions have been for touchdowns." - Pat Haden
"How many is that?" - Tom Hammond
"Oh, 50, maybe 53 percent." - Pat Haden
2. "Looks like there's a fag down in the end zone" - Tom Hammond
1.“Great tackle, er, broken tackle by Charles. Gordon finally gets him in the backfield. Gain of 5 for Charles.”- Pam Ward
Standings After Week Three: 1. Pam Ward (27), 2. Mark Jones (21), 3. Brent Musburger (11), 4. Bob Davie (10), 4. Sean McDonough (10), 4. Kirk Herbstreit (10), 7. Tom Hammond (9), 7. Charles Davis (9), 9. Pat Haden (8), 9. Brock Huard (8), 11. Lou Holtz (7), 11. Alex Flanagan (7), 13. David Norrie (6), 14. Mike Patrick (5), 14. Petros Papadakis (5), 14. Brad Nessler (5), 14. Andre Ware (5), 18. Ray Bentley (4), 18. Terry Gannon (4), 20. Dave Pasch (3), 20. Paul Maguire (3)
Your Week Three Pammy Nominees (Awful Announcing)
The Pam Ward Chronicles: Week Three (Awful Announcing)