Monday, September 15, 2008
Every Monday you will have anywhere from ten to twenty quotes to pick from and your votes will decide our weekly winner and ultimately the grand champion. I'll have the winners and new standings up tomorrow and be sure to cast your vote at the bottom.
I also took into the advisement the comments that were saying we were straying away from the truly terrible comments and adding in too many that were actually funny and/or good. Hopefully that will fix itself, but I've tried a more streamlined approach this week. Here are the comments in no particular order....
The Pam Ward Chronicles: Week Three
1. "Look for number 2 to be inserted." - Kirk Herbstreit referring to Terrell Pryor (Via SS)
2. "Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you better." - Mike Patrick
3. "A little redemption for Dufrene, but not Shawshank."- Rece Davis
4. "Iowa's starting to shit -- sit! -- on these shorter routes." - Charles Davis
5. "We see a bunch of wet stuff coming up from the ground."- Pam Ward forgetting the word "water"
6. "They had me on Drinking with the Stars." - Paul Maguire
7. "South Carolina cannot stop the clock. Except on an incomplete pass." - Verne Lundquist
8. "They had trouble tackling because they weren't bringing their feet with them." - Ray Bentley
9. "Tough to be accurate when you have this much man in your face."- Charles Davis
10. "Guess that's a tribute to how tall [Colin Kaepernick] is -- he stepped out of bounds at the 3 and they're spotting it at the 1." - D'Marco Farr
11. "You're talking two time zones away, three hours difference"- Andre Ware talking about Cal having problems with the time difference
12. “Great tackle, er, broken tackle by Charles. Gordon finally gets him in the backfield. Gain of 5 for Charles.”- Pam Ward
13. "You know, if I were Maryland on first down...I would just take a shot. Because its either gonna be a passing interference, completion, or incompletion. No harm done."- Andre Ware forgetting that passes can be intercepted (he should know all about them after his NFL career)
14. "Wait a minute, that would be pass interference and a block in the back, both on South Carolina....I'm confused." - Gary Danielson
15. "In anticipation of the rain both teams practiced with wet balls this week." - Alex Flanagan
16. "... Skip Holtz's team beating Georgia..."- Tom Hammond referring to South Carolina
17. "Jimmy Clausen about to take the field again." - Tom Hammond
"Half of his completions have been for touchdowns." - Pat Haden
"How many is that?" - Tom Hammond
"Oh, 50, maybe 53 percent." - Pat Haden